1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WOW:MOP release date

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 25 Jul 2012.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Hopefully not being too negative as well, the comment of not having a soul is the perfect way to describe RIFT, imo. I can see why people like it, I played it and enjoyed it enough and everything objectively looked like a game I should have enjoyed, but actually playing it nothing really captured me. A shame because it seemed like a pretty solid game otherwise. Well, except the let down of the class system, but that's my own personal complaint. :hehe:

2. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

I've always found its the people you play with and interact with that gives a game soul, Rift, WOW, EQ2, EQ1 they have a world, quests, lore, a story to follow, usually some subtle humour, dungeons to run, raids to conquer and loot to enjoy - they provide you with what's needed for a good game, but beyond that it is up to you and your friends to do the rest.

I guess that's why I have never understood why anyone wants to play these games solo, to me that means you are playing a hollow shell of a game.

On another note, isn't it funny how MMOs are like marmite - one feature someone hates another loves (I love the Soul and clas system in Rift which is part of the reason the game locked me in).

3. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I'm looking forward to this expansion, I'm bored of playing through 3 expansions of death and destruction.

4. suragh

suragh Derp

MoP is too much of a joke, our health pools/stats/mana etc etc are just a joke. It was much better back in BC/WOTLK. I have been playing a Death Knight and Druid in the MoP beta and I just think its a little too much.

Enough of my rant :D

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

just pre ordered collectors box for £46 online :D

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

That's the weird part, I played with five or so friends. About half of us quit after a couple months because we just weren't feeling it, and the other half kept going because they still enjoyed it. In most MMOs we all tend to quit at the same time, or all keep playing together but this was a little different.

When's the expansion due? Maybe that'll be worth picking up to try it again.

I really liked the idea, but the implementation wasn't quite what I was expecting from watching and reading about the game before its release. I was expecting it to be a little more flexible would be the way to put it I suppose. There were just too many combinations that were either completely not going to work (Anything involving both Marksman and Bladedancer, for example), some that just weren't as effective as others (combinations depending on curent balance), and some that were too set into a certain role (Riftstalker, y u tank soul?!).

In fairness to Rift it's not unique in this problem, I just mention it because I thought that it was going to solve the problem. At least you get to try to do something different compared to, say, WoW where multi-tree specs have been completely abolished since Cataclysm.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

wow mists of pandaria is due september 25th

do you want a 7 day free ticket to see what its like now?

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I meant for Rift! I thought I read there was an expansion coming for it soon. I'll pass on MoP (it'd just make me miss BC even more) but thanks for the offer. :D

9. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

Its Autumn, so Sept or Oct or possibly Nov. No official date.

As for the souls, you are right some were an issue - though actually they reworked the MM so it actually works very well with melee based builds - at least a splash of it at least.

Course there are still 'optimum' builds for raids etc. but when it comes to dungeons there is a lot of flexibility and builds that are far more effective than the 'cookie cutter' ones.

10. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Im tempted to get it....

11. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Patch 5.0.4 out today. Insane amount of significant changes ready for MoP.

12. Deewon

Deewon What's a Dremel?

I havne't been following it that much. Play every day just didn't keep up with news then BAM new patch which I certainly wasnt' prepared for :| fortunately all my addons had updated versions already :D

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I have 28 addons managed by Curse Client, they've been a nightmare in this patch, causing a number of issues. Most of them are sorted now though.

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

*hangs coat back up, sits back down*

:sigh:

I just can't keep away from this now. A friend spent all of 30 minutes talking my ear off about how the MoP expansion changes so many things and how awesome it is...... and now I'm hooked. Again. FFS!

I assume that we can use all that RW currency from the D3 auction house to buy MoP from the blizzard store? I hope so, then at least I can get the game for "free". :D

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I hate to be the voice of cynicism here but the changes are not that big and are not ground-breaking in any way. Blizzard stopped innovating after TBC and since then the changes have been 'soft' so as not to lose the huge casual base which brings in the cash every month.

I haven't played for well over a year and will never go back but there was some fun times to be had when customisation was something they gave a monkeys about..

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the changes are causing rather large ` QQ we dont know what to do` on the forums - you get 5 talents now ;)

17. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Yes, this on top of adding Kung-fu Panda to the game was one of the many nails in the coffin. Play GW2, never look back.

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

ya, I've heard about all the QQ, but to be honest I'd prefer to see the changes for myself - there will be nerd rage no matter what Blizzard do after all.

Maybe I just buy a month and see the changes, then go from there....

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

People will always moan about WoW, it's the way of the world. The changes are good for the game and will lead well into MoP.

Just an FYI: Pandaren were used in lore in Warcraft 3, which was released in 2002, some six years before Kung Fu Panda came about.

20. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Not just lore - had a fully animated model complete with abilities that was found as an easter egg in the various levels of frozen throne. Also used in many mods including DotA :thumb:

"I bring Panda-monium!"