1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xbox Game Pass on PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Anfield, 10 Jun 2019.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Last edited: 11 Jun 2019
  2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

All subscription services are damn good value to begin with, but the price invariably creeps up along with ubiquity and consumer dependency on them

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Slightly confused by announcement by announcement saying that Masterchief Collection is available on it, but it doesn't appear on the list...

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Maybe it's not the list because it's still technically yet to be released on PC

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Been using the Xbox service for a month or so now, 14 day free trial and now on the £1 for 3 months offer so I can play Forza 4 horizon.

6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

That may well be the case, but the announcement/coverage implied otherwise...

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I thought GamePass had been on PC for a while now, I used a trial back when Horizon 4 first came out to try it out, then bought it just before the trial expired to get the discount. Resubscribed now as there's a couple of games on there that I want to play but haven't bought yet, even if I stay for a few months it'll still be cheaper than buying one of the games.

Only problem I've got is it won't let me install the Xbox App thing as I've not had the May2019 Windows update yet (1903?). Don't know whether to try and update manually or just leave it be for now, can still download the games through the microsoft store.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

No clue about an old iteration of it... but it was only like 3 or so weeks ago (thank god for that or I would have forgotten about it by now lol) that various sites ran stories about it being announced, the release was apparently timed around that AAA trailer show called E3 which is why its available now.

As a Beta any way, I haven't got a clue why it is in Beta, rough guess would be because Windows Store is about as user friendly as the ******* love child of the Epic Store and Google Play.

9. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

It wasn't technically available on PC before, but if you bought the Xbox Game Pass you were getting access to their first-party games that were PlayAnywhere so you could play them on PC. Now they actually have a PC version of the Game Pass with a lot more games.

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The PC 'pass' is, iirc, cheaper too... [£4/mo vs £6/mo or something]

IIRC, you have -

Xbox Live Gold
    Xbox Game Pass
    Xbox Game Pass for PC

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which includes all of the above...

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Actually no, it is 3.99 GBP until in beta, then 7.99 GBP.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

For what it is, if it's fleshed out with a good enough library, I don't think it's that bad of a price for the kind of person who likes that system of ongoing subscriptions.

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Actually-actually, no-no: it's £1 a month for the first three months, then £3.99 while in beta, then £7.99.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Yeah, that is what i meant, i only tried to fix his statement about price after first promo month.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Thanks for the heads up:thumb:

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Actually-actually-actually....

That's not what this says:

[​IMG]

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I sit corrected - could have sworn it was three months, but I haven't paid that much attention 'cos it's not available on Commie Lunix.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Aw c'mon Microsoft, you're spoiling me now

[​IMG]

0.06% of what my internet connection - and Steam - is capable of.

To be fair I paused and re-started the download and it's gone up to 5MB/s. That's still only 20% of what Steam can do, but this service is 3 days old so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I have seen some articles on the net saying that out of beta it will be more expensive, but couldn't find anything from Microsoft themselves, probably in some small print somewhere.

20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Just in case you haven't already set this, apologies if you have!
    Windows Settings > Update & Security > Delivery Optimisation > Advanced Options

If you *enable* 'Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background' and set it to 100% it should override dynamic download optimisation. You might not want it like that all the time as it serves a purpose. But for this you might!