1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zotac Nitro OC Controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

ok so its flashy and it'll look cool on your desk, to me though its a bit of a chocolate heatsink.

there is nothing here that you cant do in rivatuner, in fact i have a profile for desktop and one for games that can be easily be activated mid game with the press of the + button on my numpad (and realistically this is all you'll ever need).

i know its aimed at those new to overclocking but for 70 quid?! pull the other one its got bells on

3. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

As someone who has never tried overclocking but is interested in doing it with my next build, theres now way I would buy this thing! It doesnt look very good tbh, kinda like a Wii accessory with its cheap bright plastic. From what I've seen looking around the net, there are lots of easier and more effective ways of overclocking.

4. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Good on Zotac for entering the overclocking market, I’ll give them that, for someone with little overclocking knowledge this is surely a nice little device, but to anyone serious about learning new skills I would point you towards the good old world of Google, learn how to overclock yourself and just maybe you will be building these devices as a career rather than using them. Again, thanks Zotac for entering our small but popular market 

5. [PUNK] crompers

im sorry? entering the overclocking market? all they've done is create a solution to a problem that isnt there

cpemma likes this.
  6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Just wondering why it looks like something that would be on sale from Mothercare?

Last edited: 7 Dec 2008
  7. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

That thing is just worthless.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

LEL

I love the holding shift thing, I'm sure they're happy about it.

9. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

huh well thats a pretty pointless device, all it is is a display of your cards clocks, sheesh if you own a Logitech G15 you could program the same thing and use that LCD.

10. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

My big question is, can it be moded to display other info? perhaps another program written to interface with the display to show all sorts of system info.. like some of the other LCD displays out there? to me that would add real value to it, and perhaps sway me to buying a Zotac card in the future.

11. Major

Major Guest

£75? FOOKIN ELL MAN

Pay an extra £75 on hardware and don't overclock.

12. Goty

Goty Minimodder

It's a VFD, meaning the display is relatively fixed.

13. xion

xion Minimodder

giving a NUPOD the ability to "make their stuff work faster" is a scary concept, a little bit of knoledge is a dangerous thing, I was recently called to look at a comp that had been stuffed by a user who stumbled upon the overclocking panel and maxed it out...

His words, not mine...

"well the settings wouldn't be there if the harware couldn't do it would they? I mean i paid for a game card to work fast as it can, i don't buy a car and stay below 30mph because it might get too hot do I???"

Yeah, try and argue with that logic. once again, Never Underestimate the Power Of the Donkey! giving tools like these to the masses is like giving matches to kids... play they will, and burn themselves ... you bet'cha!

14. [PUNK] crompers

let them get burned, thats how we learn. only when you blow up one new mobo and then go out and buy another one, only to put the new board through it all again - then you know you're a geek, and theres no turning back

15. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

I think your friend needs a reality check.

it should read I paid for a car that 'can' do 100mph.. It might do 110mph, but without adding a turbo to it (more voltage) it wont go faster.. more horse power = more speed = more wear on the engine. You put 25 pounds of boost to that little engine.. it will push the car to 200mph... then explode..

16. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Wouldn't the money be better spent on a new graphics card, a faster graphics card to start with or another graphics card for SLI?

Seems a bit pointless really.

edit: add to the fact it is software based and doesn't add anything that you can't get for free...