1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Green: Started the paint job!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by will., 11 Jun 2005.

1. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

It looks great so far man, keep it up. Love the paint job.

2. moddenmania

moddenmania What's a Dremel?

do you have to sand down the bondo once it dries?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yes, definately, starting with a large grit moving to a small grit. Then i used spray putty to fil all the rest of the small holes.

In other news, I have got my hands on 2 sheets of 4mm carbon fiber, for free. Not that my case has to be have more tensile strength that steel or the ability to flex to more than 90 degrees, but it looks damn cool.

I am thinking of putting it onto the side pannel or the top of the case, or maybe both. Its also going to be used alongside the aluminum to make some cool facias for my drives. should look damn awesome.

Tomorow I will have some pics up of the Top blowhole and the finnished paintjob, and if i have time, the drive facias. :dremel:

4. will.

Sorry about pics, it seems that photobucket has died temporarily.
    -------------
    Back again!

Last edited: 15 Jun 2005
  5. will.

Update time!!

Cutting out the top exhaust fan:
    I had a go with a jig saw, but it went wrong so I resorted to drilling lots of tiny holes. and then filling, which is not quite finnished yet.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry if they are huge, but i will resize them when i get back to my computer. (i'm on my dads laptop, and he only has paint, which sucks MSoft ass)

6. will.

Another quick show and tell.

This is the carbon fiber i was going on about, its genunine stuff, not just a wrap or sticker.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

there both in pretty good nick, they were cuttofs from my dads single seater race car, made mostly from carbon fiber doncha know.

7. omicron

omicron Baud.

Looks good. You should invest in a nice hole saw for blowholes, good value for the use you get out of it. Looks like you'll get a nice clean cut hole out of that once you're done filing.

As for the carbon fibre..hurry up and show us your use for it ;).

(oh, I subscribed awhile back.)

8. will.

Once I am home, in about 2 hours I think, I will start cutting out the carbon fiber. But my main thought is that it will be placed over my 2 drives as one peice and then the trays will have peice on the front as well.

I am also going to put some inside the case and make a box for some electric parts I have mind.

Another Idea is to put use it in the window I am planning. There will be a sketch of that very soon.

9. will.

Quick update:
    I have been supprisingly busy lately, which is good for me because I get lots of money, but bad for you people because progress on my mod is very slow.

[​IMG]

I have started painting the pannels for the rest of the case. Starting with the top one.
    I need to begin cutting the side pannel with the window now.

And look what I drew just as a taster on what the window is planned to look like.

[​IMG]

The text "computer" is not actually going to be that, and its not going to be black, it is going to be frosted into the plexi, the leds should illuminate these parts. Should look good.

10. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

Thats some nice bondo work! Nother update! Not sure I'm gettin the LED design? Im sure its good though :D

11. will.

the idea is that the light will disperce all over the plexi and glow where the surface has been etched/sanded.

I have seen other people do it and it lookes good.

12. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

looks good, your painting skills seem to be reasonable :D keep it up!

13. will.

Thanks, it looks good now, i have sanded it down and polished it alot more. I am still needing to clearcoat it, but then its done.

I have done quite a bit more. However, my camera has gone on holiday without me, so no pics till the weekend.

14. MrMan

MrMan What's a Dremel?

Your writing computer as your window??, atleast put something like Modded or chinese writing would be cool. im getting chinese writing on mine

15. kLLr

kLLr What's a Dremel?

A bit of reading might be smart :wallbash: :

16. will.

hehe, A lot of people with project logs have one or two situations like that. Silly people and there speed reading.

Anyway, whats wrong with the word "computer" its too the point and blunt. I like that.

However your idea of doing chineese letters is a good one, does anyone know any of the words in chineese that might mean computer. and in less than 10 letters?

Thanks for the idea. :)

17. kLLr

kLLr What's a Dremel?

Lol it's totally stolen, but if your name is william, you could do it like this:

Will.I.Am :D

And put that in your window

18. will.

For some odd reason, although i was born william and its what i have to fill in on forms and stuff, i have never been called it by anyone appart from my ageing granny.

I was thinking about somthing tribal. I'm stealing that word from need for speed.

19. kLLr

kLLr What's a Dremel?

Lol i have that to, i was born with the name mark, but for some reason everybody is calling me isabella :naughty:

20. zerokool04

zerokool04 What's a Dremel?

<OFF TOPIC>
    Hey will Im guessing your in to biking with the DMR sticker, what bike you got.

Looking good by the way.