1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CCFLs vs LEDs

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RegularChaos, 1 Jul 2005.

1. RegularChaos

RegularChaos What's a Dremel?

So which create the better look. I made a face plate for my Lian LI out of plexi, and im going to frost it. i want to know which (CCFL or LED) will get it to glow better. The color i want is blue, and which one will give me the best blue color. Thanks

2. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

If you want a deep blue color, LEDs may be the way to go. CCFLs tend to be a lighter shade of blue than LEDs.

3. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

well, it depends on the look you want... would you like to have two "borders" to the frosted plate... such as putting like a cathode on the left, and the right, lighting up the face, while having a nice looking light on the side as well... if you want to hide where the light is comming from, you can drill little holes into the plate, and have the led's behind a metal border, depending on your setup... also if you are tight for space then you should probably use led's over cathods

4. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

the cathodes will be brighter but more "fadded"......but theater gells fix that no problem.