1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:you decide the name! 56k beware

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by No.1 ND Student, 5 Jul 2005.

1. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

my plan is to use the standard case that i have and make it into a case that will beeasy for me to use, and cable of using all media types. i have an idea which i already started, it basily for me to be able to plug my 3.5'' external hard drive in the front whitout any wires and be able to take it out when i go to college. I will also incorperating lots of functions, such as dvd-rw, 21in1 card reader (for every card type),usb ports all over the shot,firewire,3.5'' hard drive slot, lots of sound equipment,i might also incorperate a zip drive to. I basicly want this to be a multimedia pc which will be able to use every media type possible. I would appreciate all input and advice, i might add a poll for the project name but i will let you decide.

pictures of my design and work so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

let me know what you think
    than

Last edited: 5 Jul 2005
  2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Nices plans . Seeing as your new here and probubly didnt know any better im going to go really easy on you :D
    The project logs section is for mods that are in progress, not just the plans for a mod. Easiest way to fix this is to PM a moderator to move the thread to modding and then when you have started the work, PM him again to move it back.

On a modding related note, I like the plans and cant wait for the work to begin. :thumb:

3. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

thanks ive added lots more pics, sorry about that but ill no for next time

4. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

anyone else

5. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Also in a project log you should use the [ img ] tags. (withough spaces.)

6. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

Is that better!

7. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Wow... Nice Plans a real working drawing... Ahhh.. its alright dont let anyone give you a hard time just b/c some of us can do 3d renderings of are cases doesnt mean ares are going to better than yours. Some of the best ideas come from Pencil and Paper!

8. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

thank you very much(i got a degree in drawing)it helps

9. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

UM are you joking about the art thing or were you just having a bad day. Im not saying anything against you or your plans there great but i have seen straighter lines from a 5 year old with a crayon I mean that is unless you mod is going to be real curvy and be exact duplicates of the drawings, which i would like to see. Ah im jk but seriosly do you have an art degree.

10. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Sure he has an art degree... just look at the use of whiteout to emphasize the highlights... Just magnificent.

P.S. Good luck building it and we're waiting for updates.

11. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

it was actualy highlight with a marker but a scan in black and white there on there way pretty soon just need to get a couple of materials

12. DR_K13

DR_K13 What's a Dremel?

True, thats what I was thinking. :hehe:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Jul 2005
  13. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

its a draft its ment to be like that, its called sketching ideas quickly in the art word :thumb: maybe someday you will learn about it.

14. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

All work i do is free hand drawing first. Then I transfer it to sketchup and such. Free hand is great since you can think of ideas and change them as your drawing. BUt when the side of your case is a C i think just a little more patience when drawing it would have been better. And if your trying to show someone your idea dont use your rough draft use the good stuff. That is like doing a 10 page essay and using a rough draft for your grade. Not a very good idea.

15. No.1 ND Student

No.1 ND Student Banned

i'm not sure how to use sketchup but i think as stated earlier it doesnt matter how your ideas are draw or stated it is idea that counts

16. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

Yah, hmm art degree.... maybe its the 3 year olds hand writing that is throwing us off. I'm just concerned for you, it seems that you may just have a lack of age/exp./common sense to be working with bondo and drills. You might end up hurting yourself.

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

go easy on him!

no offence, even my bad sketchs look better than that!

i like the plans, looks promising, but just draw with some form of software (say Visio atleast? or maybe even paint) as then maybe i'd be able to work out half the things you plan on doing!

18. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

dont you mean OUR/s not are/s

i cant do "3d render's" 'cause ive never given them the time to learn (im trying to learn how to use sketchup, but havent given it any time tbh (just pissed around in it!)

i normally do sketchups freehand on some paper, and then move it to visio (i find it easy to use)

that isnt a "working drawing" first of all it would be a working diagram, and its not, as WORKING diagrams actually have dimensions and are accurate.

i like this "some of the best ideas come from pencil and paper!" like pc's?

19. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

LOL Hey let's cool down on our fellow Mr. Artist. Let's wait and see what mods he'll perform... That is what matters, right?

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

well put