1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Problems with BF2/connection?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Smilodon, 9 Jul 2005.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

hello all.

I got BF 2 a few days ago. I got it istalled and it works pretty good. But at times I get "there is a problem with your connection" just as a map is finished loading.

When i first get to play a map i never have any problems, but at times i could spend an hour to try and not manage to get connected to ANYTHING.

I get as far as seeing the other players on the spawn map, then it just freezes and i get that message.. and after a few seconds the connection is lost.

I have tried opening all the ports in the router (needed for BF2) i have closed every other program that uses the connection (and no other computers at the same line at the moment. I also reformated my C: drive yesterday.

anyone have this problem or have any idea on what can be wrong?

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Did you patch it to the latest version? I had connection errors ONLY with the new patch (it's been withdrawn). I've also seen a lot of different people advise that you use the 'cable' setting and not the 'T1' setting in network speeds as it can cause problems too.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I did actually look for a patch yeasterday, but couldn't find any.

I'm going to check out about the connection setting... i think i have tried both. (switched when i got problems.)

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

ok.. i have tested some more... it seems that i get this error mainly on low ping servers.. and servers with many players... and those are the servers i want to play on.. :duh:

5. pritsey

pritsey Minimodder

I get this problem 99% of the time, I say 99% as I've only ever played it on-line once! Every time I try to play online I get a connection problem error. Frustrating as hell! The one time it did work, it was great!

Tags: