1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LANFest 2K5 Mod Contest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 16 Jul 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Cardan

Cardan What's a Dremel?

too bad u have to live in cali...

3. The_Pope

I don't think you have to *live* in Cali, but it obviously makes sense to be within a sensible travelling distance. When I went to a CPL event in Dallas one year, there were plenty of folk who had driven up to 10 hours to be there.

There was even a guy on my onward flight to Seattle who carried his PC on the plane...

If you had a kickass casemod and wanted to hoover up all the prizes at various events, you would have no choice but to travel around a bit. It depends on how confident you were of winning, and just how many free graphics cards you needed. But it would always be a good chance to meet & greet others in the community.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

A free graphics card never hurts. Unless it costs less than the plane ticket I suppose (something like a semi-functional x300 would come to mind here)

I like :)

5. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

lucky people :eeek:
    it's allways in America...

whens newegg comming home to England? :D

6. The_Pope

Well, they are starting up in Europe / UK from memory, but I'm not sure what the timescale is. I could imagine they might get into the LAN scene - there are events like this seemingly every week on the Continent.

Brits would possibly be more limited to something like the i-Series LANs

7. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

I'll be going for gaming and for making a documentary about LAN parties, competitive gaming, and casemodding. Anyone that is going and is interested in being in the video, email me at: benoit.doidic "at" my.brooks.edu

Or just check us out at the event. I'd love to see some of the awesome mods I've seen in the Bit-tech forums in the video. See you there!

8. The_Pope

Is the documentary for a school project mate? Sounds like the kind of thing most geeks would love to download and watch...

9. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

Indeed, it is for a school project, but we retain the rights to it. We're planning to make three versions: the school version, the LANfest promotional version, and a 23 minute cable TV version.

I see no problem putting the school version online for download (I was planning to), and Newegg will probably put their version online as well. Hopefully, you'll be able to see the 23 minute version on G4 TechTV ;-)

So if there are any clans or individuals who want to be a part, please contact me.

Tags: Add Tags