1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Butterkneter is back -with BATTLEFIELD2 Mods

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Butterkneter, 14 Jul 2005.

1. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

So what the mic was used in your project 2. It doesnt matter i mean sounds like your saying you took my idea and I cant beleive your getting praise for it. That is the vibe im getting off you becuase you said it was a problem. How do you know he didnt have that idea before you. Just because he is showing his project now doenst mean the ideas wernt from 2 months ago(and dont say battlefield 2 wasnt out then because the trailors and such of it were). I do have to agree with you though this should be in modding since it isnt a work in progress.

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

love the little touches like the joystick. You absolutely MUST make those CB radios work for teamspeakage!

3. NoCoolOnesLeft

NoCoolOnesLeft What's a Dremel?

Those look great!

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

5. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Hey there nice mod, i am already in development on a mod long time lost in this forum due to lack of me working on it but i have recentlly started work again, as i know you have no work log of this so a question about the making it look worn out especially on the yellow and black striped bits, was that with the air brush talked about by you (meaning i would have to buy one) or was this done using another method.

But love the mod and i also love the game.

6. Butterkneter

Butterkneter What's a Dremel?

I´m from Germany and its long time ago, that i had English in school.
    I try to understand what you mean.

You want to now how i made the "Dirt" on on the yellow and black striped bits.

They are made with the same color as the rest of the HL2 Mod.
    Rust Painting from Modern options" and a brush. When i made the HL2 Mod, i didnt had a airbrush-kit. Perhaps today i would make it with the pistole.

What i want to say.
    There are no rules, how to make this or that.
    "Many ways lead to Rome"

Butterkneter

:D

7. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply,

The only reason i ask is when i have tried doing it in the past it failed so just needed some direction, So thanks for the tips :rock:

8. CaliGirl

CaliGirl What's a Dremel?

What an awesome paint job, but the way you display it is just as impressive.

Is there special paint you have to use when it comes to cases? I had a friend of mine who painted her tower silver w/pink spots. Every time she would touch it the silver paint would rub off.

9. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

I would once again like to say: "NICE!"and to add "GREAT JOB!" but I would also like to see a project log. Its what we are here for after all.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2005
  10. Butterkneter

The paint Acrylpaint. You can mix it with water to spray it with the airbrushpistole.

11. skny

skny What's a Dremel?

Love it - BUT...

one SLIGHT problem with the mods that I'm surprised no one else mentioned; they highlight the US Army - not Marines. There are no Army units in the game; they strictly use US Marine Corp..... :duh:

12. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

OMG this is beautiful. I _love_ the bullet holes. It looks like you really took an m4 to the case. The airbrush detail is amazing, herd to believe it's your first time!! Way to go!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the other two...

13. Butterkneter

@skny

Is this really a problem ???

Who cares.

14. CaliGirl

CaliGirl What's a Dremel?

I realize you're trying to stay true to the game (and making the divisions be known) but I guess I never realized or associated the difference. I am not the only one either. To me as much as I know there's different types of people being in the service, I always said people were in the army or military when maybe they were in the airforce. Then again that could be because I havent ever been in the service.

Either way, if the case mod creator had it say marines, I tend to sway towards outfits or items that say army on them more than marines. It just looks good. This could be because of what you said about how army is highlighted more than marines but that's just what I tend to like for some reason or another.

15. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Sorry on the thread jaking.... but there is a difference. I am a US veteran. Army if you care to know. I have to say that it is a major freaking difference that would require volumes to chronicle. But this is a UK web site and I don’t need to be a British subject to know the there is a mile of difference between the Royal Marines and the Royal Air force. (What’s your army called?)

IMHO if you are going to represent a country’s armed forces - you should do it correctly. DUH :duh:

With that said, the bottom line is this: If the people who paid Butterkneter don’t care then neither should we.

no more jaking: job log?

16. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

This modd is so niceeeee :clap: :clap: :clap: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: - i dont care if it says army, marines, gruntz or what ever this is so nice made.

17. ProperMethodz

ProperMethodz What's a Dremel?

Hello,

Someone linked to you from my site.

I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with this mod. You took some very basic ideas and turned it into a very bad ass case.

Well done. :)

18. Sheyr

Sheyr What's a Dremel?

Hi Butterknetter. I can see that I had similar idea - the radiostation. Although, your work is an art and my is just an useless attempt to copy the masters! :)