1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD Monitor Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by diabloroker, 19 Jul 2005.

1. diabloroker

diabloroker What's a Dremel?

Hey, I got this LCD monitor for free and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. It was brand new but it can't be returned, dunno why.

Okay, so they gave me everything i needed to run it, the vga cord and the adapter. I plug everything in and theres this small high pitch noise and the screen stays white.

I think it was the adapter. Because the monitor says input= 12v 4.2A and the adapter says input 100-240VAC 1.5a 50-60hz, output 12vdc 3.5a. Since the monitor requires 4.2a, not 2.5a, i think that it doesnt have enough power to connect to the computer making it white screen.

now ebay is selling one 12V DC, up to 5A / 60W max, 110-240V 50/60Hz Auto-Detect International Compatible =
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5157196891&fromMakeTrack=true
    is this going to work? I'm worried because its not a local store and I want to be return it ASAP. EDIT: if find it possible to be bought at Frys,CompUSA, or any of those retail stores... please send a link or tell me if its possible...

Now, guru's please help me before i bash this lcd into pieces...

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  2. Dngrsone

Dngrsone What's a Dremel?

Have you tried the local electronics vendor? I have a few universal bricks with interchangable tips that I have acquired over the years from places such as Radio Shack.

3. diabloroker

well.. last time i checked they only have that one adapter where it has a block on the 2 prong plug, ill check more..

4. polus

polus What's a Dremel?

Im not sure that makes sense but its worth a try! Do you know anyone who's into electronics and has a varible PSU? That would allow you to test the theory before spending money... Have you tried putting a meter inline to see how much current its drawing?

5. diabloroker

went to radioshack again, no luck.

polus: what i ment is that there isnt enough power to have the data from the graphic's card sent to the monitor. and Yes i had someone that could have helped me, but thats last resort because hes a pain in the ass when it comes to work.