1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow Box CORSAIR MOTM Oct. 05! (Finished July 26, 2005)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vazzini42, 9 Jun 2005.

1. gebrek

gebrek What's a Dremel?

you should mount the window on top just slightly above the frame so that there is like an 1/8" space between the case and the glass. I don't know if that makes sense or not. I guess I'm just not quite sure what i'm trying to say...

2. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Like charl said the thing would look better with metalic feet. Gives it a more professional look to it. Other than that the case looks awsome i especially like the aerogate makes it look awsome. Might do something like this myself some day. Good job.

3. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Nice, i'll be watching this one... :D

4. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

thanks - hobby shop is a bust, I'll take a chance and order it online. Looks like I will be in your neck of the woods in a few weeks. Quakecon, BYOC...

5. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

bootupbuddha: excellent, stop by and say hello at the con :D

I really like the case feet that light up, so the chrome isnt likely to happen, but a great idea. Chrome feet and ground under-lighting would look really cool. :)

gebrek Im not sure what mounting the glass above the box would gain me other than extra ventilation (unnecessary). Maybe im not uderstanding what you mean.... :worried:

I do wish I had made the plans fit into more of a theme, like an art deco radio type thing (such as project redwood), but time and budget constraints severly hampered the design portion of this mod. (meaning... im a poor college student and the final decision to do this was kinda last minute)

Mod on! :D

Vazz

6. Vazzini42

Well I finally got this project wrapped up. Real life stuff kept getting in the way. Without further ado, I give you Project Shadow Box... <obscenely long drumroll>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

damn, thats NICE dude, i really like this one.

8. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

Nice! Looks great with the smaller feet!

9. Vazzini42

thanks guys :)

im having some trouble taking "nighttime" shots because I dont have a tripod and they get all blurry but I should have some of those shortly.

10. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Damn nice Vazz!
    I look forward to seeing this in person!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. Vazzini42

Yes I know Im bringing a dead old thread back to life..... :worried:

I have just been informed by the wonderful people over at Corsair Memory, that this mod has been chosen to be their Mod Of the Month for October 2005! :D

the direct link to their awesome Mod of the month contest is:

http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/community/case_mod_month.html

Along with being featured on their website for the month, they gave me 1 GByte matched pair of Corsair XMS Xpert ram. It is 400 MHz and runs at 2.2.2.5. :eeek: The awesome thing about this ram is that they have not only the ram usage LED , but also have programmable LED displays on the modules to make your ram say whatever the heck you want. :rock:

Here is a link to the ram on newegg...(damn $256!)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145559

and here are some photos......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mod on guys! :rock:
    Vazzini

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

That looks cool and well-built, BUT...

There's always few buts ;) First of all I think that light-blue-thingy catches eye too much. Everything else looks kinda sleek but it jumps right on your face.

And other but is more an question.Why oh why such hi-end-ram in epia? :waah:

13. Vazzini42

Jipa:

the blue conduit that covers the power cable really doesnt jump out like that in real life, the material is that color but the flash from the camera really makes it jump out in the pics. :duh:

Second, I thought we all liked to use the best components we could get? :eyebrow: I won the ram (corsair xms from the first page) from corsair in this very same mod contest last November (check the link from my last post, way down the bottom) So, it's not like I ran out and spent a bunch of money on this mod. Total spent was under $200.

Thank you for the comments :D

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Ok I undestood after I wrote my message that you didn't actually buy that memory :) And yes, ofcourse everybody want's best money can buy!