1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Gunmouse v3

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mattthegamer463, 19 Jul 2005.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

The other day my stepdad gave me an old microsoft intellimouse that didnt work right because of one of the buttons would double click for no reason sometimes. I made a gunmouse thing several months before, but that was a ball mouse, and this optical mouse would work better. so i took the gun assembly from thetop of the old one and stuck it on the new one, and painted it black and put a small window in it. heres some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the window hole will be filled with speaker mesh, but i havent put that in yet.
    so any comments or suggestions on what else i could do would be appreciated. thanks!

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Got to wire some super bright red/orange leds that light when you pull the trigger. Looks great!

3. mattthegamer463

well actually the mouse had built in lights already, and when you move it it lights up bright, its quite cool. i could solder some more leds to the other ones leads, i guess.

4. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

does the trigger work as the mouse button?

5. tekcajder

tekcajder What's a Dremel?

it looks cool, i figure you wired the trigger to work as a button. you should see if you could get your hands on something like this. you could loose the trackball or laser completely and just have the gyro somewhere inside the gun.

looks really cool though!

6. mattthegamer463

yes. well actually, the left click mouse button got broken after i unsoldered it, the little copper rings that let solder stick to that spot came off, so i soldered them to the right click, so to make it work you have to set the mouse to left handed in control panel and program one of the side buttons as a right click button. confusing, i know.

7. mattthegamer463

today i put some speaker mesh in the window hole so that it is filled and not empty. i figured mesh would be good because it would look cool at night or when its dark because the light will go through the holes, and its harder to see inside, where there is nothing to see anyway. pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry the flash makes it sort of bright and you cant see the light, i need to figure out how to turn off flash on my cam.

8. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

looks cool, tried playing Time Crisis with it yet?

9. mattthegamer463

i didnt even know they had time crisis for pc. if i had it i would have tried it. the problem with it is that you need to set the mouse to left handed mode, im not sure if that even works with windows XP. you need to because i broke the left click button while making it, the copper circles around the holes in the PCB came off nad i couldnt make it work without them, so i soldered it to the other button. you simply must modify the controls in the game or set your computer to left handed. it works with windows 2000, i havent tested with windows xp yet.

10. Adeptus

Adeptus What's a Dremel?

Should work fine in XP... I'm sure they have the left-handed settings still.

btw... did you know that you can buy a pistol mouse?

Last edited: 30 Jul 2005
  11. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

psh why buy it when you can make your own :D its a modding forum after all

great mod!