1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows playing WOW on two computers?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by allforcarrie, 25 Jul 2005.

1. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

How can i play WOW online with two computers witht he same account? can I log in twice at the same time?

2. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

You are not alloud to do that and if you are found out you will get you account banned. THe only option is to buy two seperate accounts which is what i had to do.

apparently it will let you log in twice with the same account but it is against the Terms and Conditions that you agree to if you do so.

3. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

paying two fees per month seems pretty stupid if My wife wants to play at the same time.

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Why? What if there were, 3, 4, 10 people all living at the same house (students or something), they would all be expected to pay their own fees.

There's nothing to stop her using your account to set up her own characters, however quite rightly if you both want to play independently, but simultanously you need two accounts.

5. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

thats just crazy.

6. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

7. sicone

sicone What's a Dremel?

As far as Blizzard are concerned 2 people are playing the game. Just because they live in the same house, doesn't entitle them to only pay once. If that were the case, if I lived in a block of flats could everyone in the block play and we all pay for just one account?

8. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

And when I buy a cinema ticket, I want to be able to take all my family and friends to see the film too, without having to buy more! Damn capitalists.

:rolleyes:

9. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

Think youself lucky, i had to build a second computer and buy 2 accounts so that me and my girlfriend could play at the same time.

10. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

It rarely, rarely, ever happens.

I share an acct with a friend in Australia, so I get to play when he sleeps. Sometimes it would let us duel-log and blizz didn't say didley. Worked like a charm for a month, then they fixed the problem. No bans, no warnings, nothing.

It will let you, but in very rare cases.
    (and no, acct sharing isn't against their ToC either, it's just unsupported)

11. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

actually i think you will find it is against there ToC, if you care to read the blue responce at the end of this forum post WoW Forum :read: :rolleyes:

12. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

I can't stand the fact that WoW lets you log on twice at once. Horizons let you do that to. You couldn't with Everquest back in the day, it'd scan all servers for an active character. I used to pay for four everquest accounts at one time, just for myself (playing four characters at once).

When you pay for these games you paying for bandwidth, tech support, new content, etc. There is NO reason why anyones wife, brother, sister, son, daughter, etc. etc. should get excluded from having to pay. That'd just be dumb business on Blizzards part. They would be losing money every time that person logs on.

13. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

It's against most CoCs to give your account details to anyone else, let alone have them use the details to log on. I'm pretty sure Blizz would have something to say about it if they caught the same account logged on at the same time or even from two different IPs across the globe.

14. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Maybe you should play an online game like Guild Wars, where there are no monthly fees.

15. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

Wow, you Euro guys have a sucky policy, as read here in the US webpage:

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowbilling/?id=abl01133p

Pwnd, but not quite.

16. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

Theres a differance between sharing your details though, and having two characters in the world at one time.

17. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

yah, but he was commenting about acct sharing.

18. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

If you log in on with an account that is already logged in on another computer, the one that was connected and playing will be instantly disconnected.

You are a moron if you think you should be able to buy one account for two people.

19. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Yeah, its silly to assume the because your married it entitles you to be able to share a wow account. They dont care if you use one account but share the same computer, it still means only 1 logon at once for them so no hassle (though its still dubious imo), but to be able to login at the same time puts extra stress on their (already a little rubbish) servers.

I pay to put that stress there!

What server do bit-tech peeps play on btw ?

20. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

We have determined that we will have to buy another copy, we both love playing WOW.

I play on blcakhand mostly.

Tags: