1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Water Cooled SFF Complete!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ellipr97, 5 Aug 2005.

1. ellipr97

ellipr97 What's a Dremel?

well i have had a mad busy day modding this thing (it is my first ever attempt at modding a pc case ever! :eeek: ) but it wasn't as scary as i thaught it would be! anyway here are the pics (click on them to enlarge!)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Im sorry man, the mod looks great in the thumbnails but your full pictures are far far too big. I am on a 2mb line and I cant be bothered waiting for that to load. Anyone on 512k or 1mb would do the same, 56kers would pass out.

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

What kindof temps are you getting with the rad being passive? And what are the specs?

4. ellipr97

specs in my sig, and i am getting 35 idle and 48 loaded..........as for the pics they load up in a few second on my 2Mb line :eyebrow:

5. Glider

Glider /dev/null

What do you mean? I'm on a 4MB line, and It loads in +- 5 sec's... So theoretical it should load on yours in max 30 secs... If waiting half a minute is too long, what do you do while your PC boots?

And ellipr97, sweet work :thumb:

Last edited: 6 Aug 2005
  6. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Looks nice, im on 1mb.. takes 10 secs max.......

7. ellipr97

Anyone got any suggestions for any other mods i could possible do to this?

i did have a matrix orbital screen to mount next to the power switch but it was just too dam big no matter what i tried :waah:

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

On 300k here and it's taking a while.

9. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

i would put a fan on the rad, 120mm blue :) and a couple of 4'' blue ccfls inside :)

10. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

nice aand simple well done , what pump are you using there ?

11. ellipr97

hydor 700L/hour

12. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

omfg would everyone stop f*cking B*tching about the picture load, geez, he gives a thumbnail, dont like the size of the thumbnail then shh and just wait for the picture to load, it pops up in a new window, read the rest of his post or play solitaire while it loads geez... :eyebrow: , and very nice mod my friend, im in agreement, you should put a fan below that rad, so its no taller, but so it looks sweet too, would drop ur temps a bit as well im sure, very nice :thumb:

13. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

I love the design. Great little box. It is hard to say too many great things, but I really like it. Not to sound rude, just my own personal opinion, but it looks to me to be unfinished. What I mean is, the case and concept look so great together, but clear tubing looks, well, kinda unfinished. I think that if you were able to use either a crystal clear tube, to show off lighted liquid, or colored liquid, it would look finished. Or to hide the tubing with a sleeve, such as black mesh for wire loom, or metal silver screen, or even borrow a line from the orac case and use chrome plated flex hose from a shower head. Again,, I think it is an excellent job well done, and it may be very well possible that you cannot see the tubing unless crouching over very far, but to me the tubing looks kinda bland against the rest of the case, and it really caught my eye, when viewing the pics.

(P.S. I opened all of the pictures at once, and had them all showing up within 20 secs of the first click. Comcast cable connection USA, TX)

14. PirateTheMeep

PirateTheMeep What's a Dremel?

Very nice clean look, the pictures are just fine for my connection.

15. ellipr97

well thanks guys for the constructive critacism! guna have a fiddle around and lower the rad a bit so you cant see the pipes

16. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

it looks good, but put a fan on that rad! thatl really help your cooling power and temps.

17. quadmodz

quadmodz What's a Dremel?

looks nice. by the way what water cooling did you use?
    \

18. ellipr97

temps are absolutly fine when its running passivly and i dont want to make it look cluttered

Its just the cheap as chips waterchill kit

19. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

bah my 3Mb line loads em up in 3 seconds flat. Looks nice, and I'll second the comment on the water tubes, still, thumbs up for fitting all that in there :thumb:

Perhaps some kind of rubber bung around those holes for the tubes to pass through'll make it look more finished.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Nice work.

On my 1Mb line pics load up in 10 secs max. BTW.