1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: i-spider |stacker mod | 11-4: up and running (again)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 19 Aug 2004.

1. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Nice idea :D :rock:
    But does anyone knows houw i could do that? I mean, the plexi is only 8mm, so engraving with a dremel would be to small i guess.

I might know something, a shop where you buy trophy's. Those are able to engrave text. I will try to find that out. I prefere doing it by myself ;)
    But i should wait until i know exacty what the button configuration will be...

2. invalid

invalid What's a Dremel?

ferry> So to bring these up again, but do you have a name for the brake line housings? I have stopped at a few bike shops and I am coming up empty. I am going to start looking online.

Thanks for any help!

3. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Every bicycle with mechanical brakes got it, I don't know the english translation. I realy can't imagine a bicycle shop doesn't sell it.

Note that normally the brake wires are black or silver, you have to remove that with a sharp knife. But shimano also sells brake cable with a transparent layer around, so you can see directly the metal jacket i'm using. (and that looks very cool on your bicycle offcourse ;)

4. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero What's a Dremel?

hi,

look at this!

http://www.velomech.ch/images/parts/suntour-bremskabel.jpg

5. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: WOW :jawdrop:

Holy :rock: Crap

I am loving this stacker mod! i have always wanted to do 2 lian li PC70 stacked with no chop! that would be insanely HUGE! this is an awsome mod :rock: :thumb:

So once again- :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

6. shinkaz

shinkaz What's a Dremel?

7. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero What's a Dremel?

Only for you bambino :thumb:

ferry´s:

[​IMG]

The one you search for/mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot see any difference!?!

greetz
    Sub-Zero

8. shinkaz

shinkaz What's a Dremel?

the cables that mine has bike are various from that it uses _ferry_
    from which bike you have taken to it??

9. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Might u used gear cable's? those ar different from brake cable's.

10. obzelite

obzelite What's a Dremel?

WOW, baybus looks awesome.

Your on the right track with the trophy shop, i own one and putting small letters onto those buttons would be easy as, once they are done you could even paint fill them with a uv reactive paint to really make them glow when they are on.

11. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Aight, thanks for your info :) :clap:

I realy should chek ou the text witch should be on those buttons ;) Might i should just keep it simple like "power, led 1, led 2, ccfl 1, ccfl 2 and so on. Well, i should check i out.

12. MonkeySpank

MonkeySpank Banned

Just finished reading the project log so far.

What an amazing mod you have done. Cant wait to see what you do next:)

13. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Subscribed.

Admirable work thusfar.

The only concern I have is your plumbing order, does that res in the top part of the case stay completely full when your pump is on? I know you did it the same way for chemical overdose, but you'll gain a lot more in your flow rate if you feed the pump properly.

14. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Whell, there is a lot of flow, actually too much... The air witch is in the water (talking about very small bubbles) can't escape because the water is directly sucked away. I didn't spend my time on solving this yet, might a improved reservoir will do that yob, but i don't know where, everything is so full :sigh: Or i should have it running with only 1 pump for some time (less flow in the reservoir).

15. Starbuck3733T

you need a divider on thtat res, or a several dividers. See here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=1034344&postcount=387

The divider will allow the water to flow in to the res, but all the bubbles will have to go up to the top, so they can't be pulled immediately back in. what I would do if I were you would be to get some hemostat clamps, clamp off your hoses, switch the intake and outlet of your pump, and release the clamps. My res that is designed this way bleeds the whole loop to no-bubbles-at-all in less than 5 minutes.

By the looks of things here you've got more than enough tube to switch things around.

As far as a constructing a res, your existing one works pretty well. Here is what I would do -- view if you looking in from the end.

[​IMG]

Obviously the part that goes to the pump is on the bottom w\ a slight angle (though straight down would work too) and the inlet from the rest of the loop is on the side.

16. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info :)
    As you show the picture of the reservoir, my water is coming in from below. But I think i should be able to use the same idea of that plexiglass part to remove the air. Then i shold make a hole in 1 of the sides and insert a plexiglass stripe. If that doesn't work i should might add a second/new reservoir, but the point is that i don't know where i could mount that ;) Well, i will first try out your idea, not now, because i had to empty the WC for that, and about a few weeks again i think so, for the VGA and new CPU cooling block.

17. Starbuck3733T

I don't think I was clear enough in my explanation of what happens here. The water comes in on the side and leaves on the bottom. Meaning that the bottom fitting goes to the fitting on the FRONT of your eheim pumps.

Cutting a slit and inserting a piece of plexi will probably do the trick, as the gap between the two portions of the res doesn't need to be perfectly sealed.

18. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

You were clear, but i can't modify the reservoir simply to get the water in from the side and out at the bottom. But i don't think that would be a problem. It's just the way that the plexi piece will prevent directly flow to the outlet.

19. AMD2800

AMD2800 What's a Dremel?

this project rocks, i love the bike cables they look amazing. and the water cooling..... it speaks for its self

20. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update

Here is an update, someone gave a idea of mounting some plexi beyond the air intake covers on the sidepanels. So i tried:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Later i also mounted a 10cm CCFL, i don't know exactly how to explain the way i've mounted it, but i had to cut the normal CCFL pipe in half to be small enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 candyshots ;) I still should mount the 3 plexi pieces at the front permanent and correctly aligned ( some of them were cracked, so i made new ones). And might add some black paper on the back, to prevent seeing the CCFL mirrored in the window