1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding fiberglass and bondo help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by foundsoul, 13 Aug 2005.

1. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

anyone have tutorials for fiberglass and bondo or any guides? i need to know that to buy, use, whats the best material, and how to use the material.

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

well, unless your doing something really big, you should use bondo for stuff. you can buy it at just about any hardware store, it works great for filling gaps and stuff. the instructions on use are on the tube or can. all you do is mix the hardener with the paste, smear it on whatever, and sand it smooth. then prime it and paint it. its quite simple, but you got to use a sanding block when sanding, otherwise youll get grooves from your fingers, unless your going for that look. i tried to find a guide for you, but couldnt. google has failed me for the first time....

the first time i bondoed it came out great and didnt use a guide. im sure if you just follow the instructions on it youll be fine.

3. Jerm

Jerm What's a Dremel?

I second that. I'm working on my first project ever with bondo and it's easy to work with. But a word of caution. When they say mix enough to use in 3 minutes, they mean it (but plan for 2 minutes). This stuff turns unworkable in about that amount of time

4. bonzanego

bonzanego What's a Dremel?

Here is a partial guide I am writing for my site on the subject. While it may seem simple enough to use this stuff, there are many pitfalls that can make using it a nightmare.
    Here is the shortcut to the work in progress guide on plastic body fillers like bondo:

http://bonzai-mods.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=206

5. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

well i am thinking maling a new bezel cover if i can't get one from a raidmax case. i was going to use plexi glass for the top and bottom and side to make a lil box. then should i use bondo or fiberglass? in the front bottom i have 2 80mm led fans i want to show off and maybe make custom plexi fan grills

6. Drivel

Drivel What's a Dremel?

i would use fibreglass but that is me it is not something u just want to use on whim it can go VERY rong i have been useing it on boats for a long time and now i have a thread about building an entire case out of it if u do go with fibreglass i would get it from west marine becuase that is the good stuff i think you can get it from autozone but it is expensive there and at west marine if u ask they can tell u exactly how to use it

7. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?