1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Boba Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bandit_zoraK, 18 Aug 2005.

1. Bandit_zoraK

Bandit_zoraK What's a Dremel?

Hot on the heels of Rogue 5, I have decided to go for a new computer that is pretty high powered for the first time. Keeping with my tradition of star wars computers I wanted to have the case characterize star wars but not really in such a flashy way as before.

So this project will kind of be based a bit on Boba Fett, arguably the coolest bounty hunter ever. I probably won't be doing anything over the top for this mod, just low-key and dare I say classy approach- no blinding lights or loud colors.

Hardware- I am gonna spare the gritty detail (found here if interested). It arrived in the mail today from newegg...pics to prove it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Air for now, maybe wc if I can't scratch up some more money for it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Sep 2005
  2. Bandit_zoraK

For the right side I figured a nice boba fett cutout would look pretty good, so after some dinking around in photoshop I came up with:
    (Thumbnailed for size)
    [​IMG]

After about an hour with the dremel:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And about another 1-1/2 hours with the files:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, the case is a Cooler Master Praetorian btw, friggin beautiful too :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to finish, the obligatory cat/feet shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is the right side...
    [​IMG]

3. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

Do you got money to much? pls send it to me if you have;)

4. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Hey I just ordered 2 sets of that RAM for this PC I am building for a friend and all of the moduels were DOA! So good luck with those...I will be following so keep up the good work.

5. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

Man, I love Boba Fett. I'm so glad to see someone finally doing somthing with him for a case mod.

6. Bandit_zoraK

All these new pics were taken about a week ago as I have been spending more time playing with the new computer than working on it. I am not sure what else (if anything) I want to do with the case, I did pick up some nice white and orange leds so I might light the case up, which means some sort of switch system, but that is down the road somewhere. I am happy with it as it is now, nothing too extravagent or eye catching but it looks good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Bandit_zoraK

Hardware install
    [​IMG]

Ooooh aaaaah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So interesting
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah I bought one of the those cooler master cd drive cover things and it was a big pos I thought so I will get around to stealthing that drive when I get around to it. Also note the shiny new Dell 2005FPW mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, and my wonky desk I built.
    [​IMG]

8. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Your cat looks just like my cat!

9. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

The cuts in the sidepanel have a white outline, as the blank metal is visible there.Repainting all the stuff is too much work, How about a permanent marker (those black felt-tip or how it's called?)

10. Gumbatron

Gumbatron What's a Dremel?

Nice Lookin Mod so far :D

<Slight Off Topic>
    Looks like you've got your RAM in the wrong slots. Should be in the 2 Orange slots for Dual Channel. If you're having memory issues running in Dual channel I'd suggest a BIOS update, my NF4 Ultra-D was really cranky until I updated the BIOS :miffed: . A good place to look is DFI Street . The BIOS I used was 510-1, which appears to be a little old now.

</Slight Off Topic>

Good luck with the rest of the Mod, keep up the good work :thumb:

11. LOTTARO

LOTTARO What's a Dremel?

Whata nice dremel work here!

I love that LCD!

12. Goth

Goth What's a Dremel?

hey, those are my parts :D actually i said that because just bought those components.... nice mod ! kickass windows :p

13. Bandit_zoraK

Yeah I figured that thing with the ram out, the bios told me pretty plainly, as I said, these pics are a week or 2 old so most all the kinks have been worked out. I update the bios because it wasn't recognizing my processor as dual core, but now it is just fine. I might do something about the silver outline on the cuts, I haven't decided if it bothers me that much yet.

Edit: yeah this lcd is awesome, I really can't even look at a non-widescreen monitor, (unless it's like 20" or something) without shuddering.

14. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Nice work, is the artwork original?

15. Bandit_zoraK

No I have a small print out of the main window, a google image search turns up the main side image. I think it is a fan art or something, I think it is cool. The other side is his logo, its on his shoulder or something I think.
    [​IMG]

16. Gipo

Gipo What's a Dremel?

My missus says she loves the cat!

17. Defyant Mods

Defyant Mods Multimodder

nice hardware shots!

18. Zero82z

Zero82z What's a Dremel?

Very nice cutout, I like.

/offtopic: Your cat looks exactly like mine - only my cat's eyes are green, but aside from that they're practically identical...

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nice work, great hardware too. I just ordered an X2 processor and am looking into both that 2005FPW and the 2x1GB kit (how do you like those btw?) and probably a 7-series card at some point. Definately sticking with the simple yet elegant, not over-the-top thus far.

And yes, Boba Fett definately wins coolest bounty hunter award. The whole jetpack thing really sells it for me.

20. n00b

n00b What's a Dremel?

Hardware.. Clean, awesome cuts.. Beautiful case.. Beautiful monitor.. *dies of dehydration from excessive drooling*