1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 6800 OC question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neogumbercules, 18 Aug 2005.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I just got an NV silencer 5 rev. 2 and I'm sure I installed it correctly, but at 16x6 I just can't see to get it past the clocks in my sig. Had it a bit higher, got 7something thousand in 3DMark 03, lowered it down 5mhz core, 10mhz memory and got the score in my sig.

From what I see people are getting GT speeds on their 6800's unlocked, but I can't get even close to that.

I have the eVGA if that's of any service.

I'm using Riva tuner to unlock the pipes and shader, and powerstrip to OC seeing as how Riva Tuner and coolbits won't let me go past a certain point without failing the tests.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I double checked, and the cooler was kinda moving a slight amount, so I checked the back, and lo and behold, I was able to tighten down more of the screws even further than before. Maybe now that its making better contact I can have some better luck.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2005
  2. Neogumbercules

Oh yeah, that definitely did the trick. Got it at 350/800 right now. :)

3. Draeth1

Draeth1 What's a Dremel?

Hey I've got a Leadtek 6800 and was wondering if you know if thats unlockable? When I first bought it people were saying you couldn't open up the extra pipes but now I see everyone doing it.
    I've looked through Riva tuner and can't find anything on unlocking the pipes and shaders. Do you have a good walkthrough link?

4. Neogumbercules

5. Draeth1

Draeth1 What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I'll try it out tonight!

6. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

there is a walkthrough guide on this forum here . I used it with my Leadtek 6800LE with great success.

Tags: