1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. gstlouis

gstlouis What's a Dremel?

Thats a big negative there pal. That switch is whats called a momentary switch. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe momentary switches are only active while you press them down. In essence, you would have to hold the button in whenever you want the power to be on. That gets annoying!

What you want is an on/off switch. If you have any more questions, just ask.

2. chronic9

chronic9 What's a Dremel?

the switches they have at radioshack are ugly, iam trying to make a good looking project. can someone show me some nice on/off switches that i can use for this?
    i posted on hardforum FS/FT section and someone responded with a PSone screen. said he has the cigarrete lighter which i dont need. he said he wanted 50 bucks for it which is rediculous since i can get a new psone sony from ebay for that much. iam thinking of offering him about 30 bucks for it, what do u think bout that price?

does the retail kit come with the AC adapter or is that seperate?

this is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zachjowi

zachjowi What's a Dremel?

4. gstlouis

chronic, it looks like a pretty decent screen. Assuming theres no (major) scrathes, it looks like it would work alright. It seems to have sharp quality. Just make sure, if your wanting to do the VGA mod, it may or may not support it. If you can, I would recommend taking the cigarette adapter. That way you can wire it up to a molex and not have to use AC.

5. chronic9

well i want to stick this outside my case, as a external display on my desk. so using a PSU is my last resort, even thought i have a spare POS, i like to use that 1 for testing components and such.

6. zachjowi

I connected the LCD just like this guide and hooked it up to my Radeon 92500 video card using the DVI and an adaptor, but I can't get this LCD to display anything or even be found in the Power strip software. When I tell the display properties to extend my monitor on to the second display it won't.

http://rudyatek.com/tidder/lcd/

Last edited: 23 Aug 2005
  7. chronic9

once i actually get this mod completed. and i go into lets say a game, what will be on my psone LCD? will it still show system stats and such? or will it simply go black?

8. elmodder

elmodder What's a Dremel?

the lcd will keep whatever it was displaying.

9. chronic9

found a better deal. a ready to be moded PSone LCD for 30 bucks shipped. its missing the plastic shell but the guy sent a pic of it working, so i think iam set.

iam just wondering, does the AC adapter come with the retail version or do you have to buy it seperatley?

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

That is correct. I've just been playing Eve Online on my Radeon 9800 Pro at 1600x1200, and the small LCD happily continued to display Samurize stats. The GPU isn't even strained by this.

11. chronic9

can someone tell me how much power does the lcd screen need? since i need to buy a AC adapter and i cant find any SPECIFICALLY made for the screen?

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It needs 3 Amps at 7.5 volts :)

13. sagoz

sagoz What's a Dremel?

does anyone know the wiring for the belkin vga cable or how I could figure it out using a voltmeter? :confused:

14. compwiz

compwiz What's a Dremel?

i had the same problem, you need to hook up another moniter to set up the display first, and then you can plug in the lcd. after all that is done and set up it might be necessary to make a vga dummy to recognize a "moniter" every time you turn on your computer. do a google search of vga dummy and you should get some results. good luck

15. zachjowi

I plugged in a monitor, then enabled the monitor and plugged in my LCD but it still did not show any picture on it.

16. zachjowi

Use an ohm meter and check the connector and other end of the cable for the wire that will have little resistance.

17. gstlouis

So now I'm getting a goofy problem. My screen has worked fine. Well, I'm moving to school, and after pulling some cables, once I turn the computer on and powerstrip and everything starts, the display on my screen just slowly scrolls upwards. I was able to tune it to stay still, but now when I restart my computer, each time, the desktop is split; half of it is at the top, and half of it is at the bottom, like it is halfway through a scroll. Is there any way to get it to get it to automatically center itself?

When I originally did this and chose the 640x480 arcade settings, those were fine and worked. However, doing them now just causes the scroll. HELP!

EDIT: Ha, I guess thats what happens when I have the cable hanging half off the plug...silly me.... :rolleyes:

Last edited: 26 Aug 2005
  18. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

got a couple questions here

1. when i run samurize and try and play a game ie. cs:source i get an error and have to shut down samurize

2. my screen flashes really fast, i have a official ps1 lcd running through svid, but it only flashes when im not using a video on it, if i run a video on full screen its perfect so its only when looking at samurize and my desktop. whats a good refresh rate? anyone else have this problem?

19. Brunosso

Brunosso What's a Dremel?

if the video card is a sapphire radeon 7000, it works however???

20. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

im looking for a case so i can incorperate a psx screen into the mod, am i right in thinking that the case needs to have 3 floppy bays? or will 2 be ok?

:)

Tags: Add Tags