1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hellomoto, 24 Aug 2005.

1. hellomoto

hellomoto What's a Dremel?

I currently have a 6230i which does it job (radio, mp3) however, am going to university soon and I want to get a PDA. While am at it, I might as well get a new contract. Am not sure whether to go for the XDA IIs or just get a P910i?

What you guys recommend?

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Why do you need a PDA?
    I'm not sure what you will need it for in university.

L

I'm a bit of a Palm fan myself. But if you have a Windows PC then u better find someting among the Windows CE models.

L

3. hellomoto

hellomoto What's a Dremel?

To keep notes, reminders, deadlines, contacts etc.

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

You need to be more specific.

Do you want a PDA? or a PDA-phone? If you want a smartphone (pda with phone) and want to get it with contract. Then it would be Smart to post wich models you can get with a contract, where u live.

Here in belgium, we don't have those "contract" thingys. So I have no idea what you are asking.

If u just want a PDA then you need to set up a budget and basic requirements.
    - OS (if you have a Windows computer then Windows CE is the obvious choice)
    - Connection requirements, maybe you want to transfer files or sync data with your phone.. then Bluetooth would be smart

If you have found a model/brand you like. Then visit http://www.google.com and type in Review 'Brand' 'Model' and start reading. If you have any more specific questions, then there are a bunch of PDA-forums out there, and chances are, you might find someone with the same PDA you are looking for.

Personally:
    PDA: Palm Tungsten T5 (Because I use Apple, Palm os will do fine)
    PDA Phone: Maybe Palm Treo 650

L

Last edited: 25 Aug 2005