1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Rainbow LED?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by gstlouis, 2 Sep 2005.

1. gstlouis

gstlouis What's a Dremel?

So I bought an Aerocool X-202 case for my current case, and I love it! It came with a little front window display that had an LED behind it that cycles through about 6 or 7 colors, fading between each of them. Its a great effect and looks awesome. Well, I cut the display out, and put a ps1 screen there, and liked the LED so much, I replaced the top handle LED with that one.

So now, I'm thinkin that this bulb wouldn't be bad to have for other projects. But I don't know where to find it. I would like to keep the same fade-effect. I've seen the posts about the bulbs and the circuits, except this is just a single bulb with 2 leads, and there is no PCB or anything. Anyone know where I could get it?

2. Vito

Vito What's a Dremel?

I have just received some of those leds. I got them on eBay. Try searching 'RGB led' or 'Flahing led'. I ordered some slow and flashing RGB leds (5mm and 3mm). Also, some red, blue and red-blue flahing leds. The seller (eBay id: hktaiyuen, 99,8%) was from Hong-Kong. It took 12 days to deliver to Spain.

3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

4. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Do we need to pay customs for shipping to the UK?

Back the the LEDs themselves, here's a UK link: http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1URL=Electronic-Components&tier2URL=Optoelectronics&tier3URL=5mm-LEDs&tier4URL=Rainbow-colour-cycling-5mm-LED&moduleno=75160&kw=rainbow+led#techspec. I know you're in the USA but this site give all the technical specs and might help to point you in the right direction.

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

6. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

OK, thanks.