1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leadtek Duo PX6600GT TDH Extreme

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 9 Sep 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. BIOHAZART.RU

BIOHAZART.RU What's a Dremel?

I think it's beter then 6800, or not.....??? :worried:
    give me this card))) My radeon 9800pro@xt with 2 voltmods is not so cool :wallbash:

sory for my english, i'm from Russia) :D

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

It'll be faster than a GeForce 6800 Std, but it's slower than a cheaper GeForce 6800 GT. Provided you can get the GeForce 6800 GT for less than this card, it'll be a better purchase, as would the Radeon X800 XL.

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

and use less power...

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Utterly pointless, unless it's about $200 (I didn't see a mention of price). If it was a just-double-the-power of a 6600GT single, it would be better, but as SLI doesn't work on everything and is definately imo "upgrade path or two of the latest-and-greatest, no other method makes sense" and this is two GPUs in SLI off the bat that are now positively low-to-meduim-budget, it makes no sense. This is for those who are into gimmicks and whatnot, who have SLi just to say they do, not because it makes sense for their situation.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's not available in the UK/US at the moment from what I can see, but they're selling it for €40 more (€360) than Leadtek's GeForce 6800 GT ($320).

I think the final paragraph sums up your words quite well....

"In short, Leadtek's Duo PX6600GT TDH Extreme is a good product - but at its pricepoint and form factor, the market that it will cater for is a very small niche of customers that have been wowed by SLI technology and the idea of two GPU's on the same PCB." ;)

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Nice idea but no point until the technology is refined.

Be nice if 2 dual gpu cards could be used in sli and get the power of 4 gpus working together efficiantly, surely that will be on the cards at some point? :)

8. manvadher

manvadher What's a Dremel?

just wanted to mention... that to my knowlegde that the gigabyte dual chip gfx solution requires you to buy a motherboard and the gfx from gigabye as a "package" at the same time, while by the looks of the leadtek this card it is universal.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

That's very true, but the Gigabyte card does work on other SLI motherboards - you just can't buy it on its own AFAIK. :)

10. manvadher

manvadher What's a Dremel?

ahhh... oh well :)
    btw.... shud b posting a little bit more nowadays... finally off work and heading back to uni \o/
    Bring on the drink!!

11. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

The heatsink looks good. It finaly covers over the RAM also. But in one way kinda made that there make dual 6600GT still. Why they should move to 6800. Or do something with 256-bit bus width cause dual 6600GT has been done. End or story, dual 6600GT old news. I want to see dual 7800GTX. Leadtek it so getting burnt by me for being more then 5 months behind with dual 6600GT.

12. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I've never seen the point of sli in anything other than real high end cards. It's okay if you can only afford one card now and you can leave the door open to sli later, but with these types of card you can't even do that so what's the point.
    You can buy better performance for less money and still have a better upgrade later.

Tags: Add Tags