1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development CSS problems with IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by Naked_Dave, 15 Sep 2005.

1. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

I've been trying to upload the notes for a course i'm doing at college at the moment onto my webspace, because i always lose them on paper! Unfortunately, while it works find on mozilla and lynx, which i use at home, there are problems when it is used in Internet Explorer, which is the only browser avaiable in the college computer rooms.

There is a problem with the navigation links below the main title. For some reason, in IE, they seem to collapse when the mouse moves onto the title. I can't get this problem to repeat in any other browser.

I'd also appreciate a code review if anyone is willing! It's available in XHTML 1.1 for my home use, and HTML 4.01 for the college. They share the same CSS.

No insults about the style please, I happen to like Lynx :D

Last edited: 15 Sep 2005
  2. ErisDS

ErisDS What's a Dremel?

I think its to do with the highlighting taking up more room than not having highlighting.

Anyway, you can solve the problem by putting a <br> tag before closing the nav div tag:

Code:
      <div id="nav">
          <ul>
            <li>
              <a href="index.htm">Notes</a>
            </li>
            <li>
              <a href="links.htm">Links</a>
            </li>
          </ul>
    	 [B] <br>[/B]
    	</div>

3. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

Thanks!
    I didn't use <br>, but you did make me realise that the navigation menu should have been within <p> tags on the html version... I don't really know 4.01, but the problem seems to be solved!

Last edited: 15 Sep 2005