1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Life 2 - Lost Coast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 14 Sep 2005.

1. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

Good article but I love to be picky :p

About the images of the sun, however the images show they were all taken with the same aperture, but with differing shutter speeds.

2. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Not at all, I was really impressed by the graphical aspect of the game, the game play was pretty good aswell, i was dissapointed at the lenth of the game overall, i completed it within a matter of days. Certain bits seemed to strech on too long and seemed asif they just streched the buggy and boat bit to extend the whole game overall, Its a subject i could go on about for hours, so to keep it short;
    Yes, i was massivly impressed by the game; but the ammount of time it took them i was certanly expecting more, Altho i guess you cant rush these things.
    Mike

3. Hammy

Hammy What's a Dremel?

nice looking screen shots
    whats the game like to play tho ?

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Hammy - it's not a "game" mate. Lost Coast is a *single level* for Half-Life 2. The gameplay is essentially the same. I want y'all to be clear on this point: please don't confuse Lost Coast with Aftermath.

5. Hired-Gun

Hired-Gun What's a Dremel?

Well Aftermath is in the pipe at Valve and will soon be finished,maybe you had a chance to see it or maybe they let you try it...

6. The_Pope

No - we had a limited amount of time, and the focus was on the technicalities of HDR and Lost Coast. We then moved on to Day of Defeat: Source, which also features HDR. That will be released on September 26.

Valve do not have a concrete date for Aftermath at this point, but are aiming at "November" and are certainly expecting it to be released by the end of the year.

7. Exoskeletor

Exoskeletor What's a Dremel?

i really enjoy articles on bit-tech.net
    i like this very much, and the other for hdr, small and full of notes. very good job
    how big in megabytes lost coast is going to be?
    I have read in the first page something about tft monitors. lost coast would be better to played in a crt monitor? tft users are going to have problems? or the 1000:1 example was only an example?

Last edited: 19 Sep 2005
  8. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

i say good sir...how much for the golden crow bar? :D

man that has got to be one awesome place to work and yet another addition to the annals of Half Life. now i can brag to all my X-BOX loving friends how much PCs kick !%*^ :rock:

9. The_Pope

Welcome to the bit-tech forums, Exoskeletor - we're glad you enjoy bit-tech. You have asked some good questions there, which I will try and answer for the benefit of everyone:

1) We have much more on HDR coming soon :hip:

2) It's hard to say exactly how big Lost Coast will be to download, since it will be compressed before it is distributed via Steam. Valve estimate around 100MB.

3) Anybody can enjoy Lost Coast - it doesn't matter if they have a CRT or TFT really. For *true* HDR, you need an entirely different monitor altogether. I will be able to reveal more in the coming days.

10. Exoskeletor

Exoskeletor What's a Dremel?

Thanx for asking so fast.
    100mb only? i thought it will be 1gb at least, that's good.
    What i mean with crt and tft was (i have crt, i will enjoy more hdr games from someone with tft and 1000:1 contrast?)

Im waiting for more reviews about hdr, keep them coming :)

11. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Looks like they have got rid of the repeating water textute (atlast!)

Look:
    [​IMG]
    The blackmesa mod has the Red team "team fortress" flag on it... I wasnt aware he had anything to do with fortress forever :/

12. The_Pope

Boy, you lucky, lucky people - have I got something for YOU in a couple of hours! OK, so it's not code you can play yourself - I know y'all are desperate for *that* - but it's the next best thing... :D

13. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Gimme Gimme it's been a couple of hours and i'm an impatient b*stard

14. Hired-Gun

The red Team Fortress flag has noting to do with the Black Mesa pc,the flag been there long befor they got the Black Mesa pc.
    [​IMG]

15. The_Pope

16. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Really? But... has valve got anything to do with fortress forever? Looks like its being made by a bunch of guys in their spare time... :eyebrow:

17. Hired-Gun

Nope it has nothing to do with Fortress Forever its a standard TFC flag,made by one crazy TFC fan in his sparetime.
    Valve got the blue flag too plus flamethrower,AC,rpg,pipebomblauncer,caltrops and spanner...

18. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

fortress forever is a just a mod, looks like a good one tho.

when is this bloody lost coast comming out? I herd it was getting released after DOD source :nono:

19. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Wow thats so cool! How did you find that out?

Fortress-forever may just be a mod, but so is DoD... I just wanted to know whether valve was involoved... Clearly not! Thanks for the feedback ;)

20. Hired-Gun

In this picture you can see a bit of the blue flag,black flamethrower,rpg,spanner and some caltrops behind the big glas cylinder...
    [​IMG]

Well im the one that made all the TFC replica's that you can see on display at Valve HQ.
    Here is a link to my homepage were you can see them befor they got shipped to Valve...
    http://web.telia.com/~u22310064/index.html

Tags: Add Tags