1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Sounds gone mad BF2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-18698, 26 Sep 2005.

1. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

:sigh: basically i turned on bf2, it came up and was asking me if i wanted to play single player or online ( as if i was new to the game ) so i searched for my user account and hey it worked!!?

so i load up a game as soon as the game loaded all i can hear is all the sounds from all over map as if i was really close to them :confused: :duh: :miffed:

so i could hear tanks cards guns even tho i am on a rmote part of the map, so i set the sound to medium and software , this sorts it out but i get a constant crackling noise, so i set it to hardware this stops the crackiling noise but then i hear everything at the same time it gives you a bleeding head ache just what the hell is going on, it was fine yesterday

any help will be great

2. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Don't want to sound predictable but maybe update sound drivers/other drivers.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Do you by any chance run a Soundblaster Audigy?
    Every member in my clan who had one of those cards had it happen and I dont think anyone found a fix.
    Possibly dissable EAX, set sounds to medium + hardware.

Also as already said, drivers :)

4. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

hey thanks for info, i have latest drivers i think im using on board realtec ac97 sound or something? no i do not have a sound blaster :)

could i re install the game? or would that upset my rank etc?

i cant belive its doing this, it was fine yesterday!!!! please continue to help :D

5. neillyb

neillyb What's a Dremel?

Reinstalling the game will not affect your rank because it's stored on EA's servers.

6. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

ok i have fixed the game by check disking the hard drive, now about the ranking system im currently lance corpral it seems as tho its been stuck on a certain bit of the upgrade bar, why isnt it moving ? what do i have to do to get up to next rank level/ obv i have been playing the game but is there any things in perticular that i need to do such as play the sniper for a certain amount of time?

7. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

Not to reach a new rank there aren't. Just be patient, it takes a lot of points to reach corporal, you need about 10,000, from the 1000 you need for Lance Corporal - big difference.
    Oh, and obviously only play on ranked servers. ;)

8. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

ok wow that could take ages!!!

what do the bars mean next to the guns here [​IMG]

9. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

isn't it how fast you can sprint?

10. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

yer i think so cheers :)

Tags: