1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks New Laptop (Ultra Lightweight)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LaughingJon, 1 Aug 2005.

1. LaughingJon

LaughingJon What's a Dremel?

heya peeps

looking to get a laptop for me and the missus to use. nothing too special but the main thing is that it needs to be REALLY light weight as i will be hulking it off for meetings once a month. After that it will prolly remain in the living room to browse while bored of sky and just generally flitting around for when required.

really like the look of the sony noteys so wondering what ppl thought of sommat like:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/notebooksandtablets/productView.htm?quicklinx=3KJ4

10" display and 1.4kg and battery life of 6.5hrs

We also have a sony P200 digi cam and a PSP so sticking to sony seems sensible so we can just throw the Duo mem sticks into the notey as well.

I am sure there must be loads of others out there so open to ideas/thoughts about other options.

cheers
    Jon

2. LaughingJon

crumplerbags uk?

well i held off for a while but i finally really needed the laptop so have pre ordered a Sony VGNTX1XP today.

I have seen some people talking about crumplerbags and that there is a really good online store here in the UK for them so was wondering who that supplier is?

If someone could drop the URL in here that would be fab as i quite like the look of the Wee Bee in black and green.

cheers
    Jon

3. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

intro2020 ( www.intro2020.co.uk ) distribute them in the uk, they have a 'where to buy section' on their site, so take a look :)

4. LaughingJon

heya cheers for the link i been going through the list of sites on their web retailers list since i posted looking for who to go with. I take it they dont distribute directly? does anyone know of a good co to go with from their list?

as for example i try

www.we-sell-crumpler.co.uk

select laptop->wee bee and it barfs

*edit bit of URL hacking fixes that mind.

cheers
    Jon

*edit bizzare that the UK sites quote the wee bee as a 14" while the .com says 12" :confused:

Last edited: 29 Sep 2005
  5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

www.warehouseexpress.com tbh :thumb:

Not the cheapest in some areas, but definately one of the best aftersales services i have ever recieved, their in-store staff are also really nice and friendly.

6. LaughingJon

sweet much appreciated!

Take it easy
    Jon

*edit

Ok bizzare as from that site i managed to link to

http://www.crumpler.co.uk/

which also seem to sell them.

:blush:

7. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Hmm, didn't know crumpler sold them direct, must be something they've only just started doing.