1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Radeon 9550 problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maximus, 27 Sep 2005.

1. Maximus

Maximus What's a Dremel?

Today I was playing the Call of Duty demo with 4x AA on and my video card (at least I think) shut off or rebooted, and this isn't the first time this has happened before playing HL: Opposing Force. I don't have the lastest driver because the catalyst 5.9 seems not to work on my PC... I really can't think of why this happening so I need some help to all you nice people... any help will be really greatful.

- Maximus

2. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

how is the 9550 cooled? and are you sure its the gfx card?

what are you system and cpu temps when you come out of the game after an hour or so of play?

3. Maximus

Maximus What's a Dremel?

the GPU is being cooled with the stock fan and heatsink, um... i don't know the PC temps right now but I can get back to you with them asap...

4. computerman0416

computerman0416 What's a Dremel?

It's a crappy card anyway. I had one in my system and it crashed most games if resolution was to high. I swapped it with my 9600XT that I had in my server. I would suggest turning off AA and lower your resolution if you have a high setting.

5. Scralatchtica824

Scralatchtica824 What's a Dremel?

Try the older ATi drivers. Play around with different versions and see what happens. Try 4.12 first.

6. Maximus

Maximus What's a Dremel?

Well my pro 9550 has just died on me and I had to put in my old ATi rage fury pro...hahahahaha. So now it time for a new card and I was thinking about getting a ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB AGP card. Now will this card run good on my PC? so that my new question.

Spec:
    AMD sempron 2400+
    MIS KT6V MB
    512 mb memory
    120 Watt PSU but it can be switched 320 Watts

so hopefully I can find the money and hopefully my pc can handle the card.

Thank you for all your previous help.
    -Maximus

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ok.... What PSU is this? You sure your not confusing it for the switch on the back that switches the VOLTAGE from 120v to 220v? Anyway, the videocard is overkill for your computer. Your weak Sempr0n would be better with a Radeon 9800XT

8. Maximus

Maximus What's a Dremel?

It is the voltage switch :duh: ...anyway I just placed my order at the local computer store for a 9800 XT it will be here tomorrow, so I'll go pick it up after school and then it's time for some HL2 action and some CoD: united offensive :D :D :D

thanks for the help.
    -Maximus

Tags: