1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding What to do with very old rig?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SHAKIRALOVER, 29 Aug 2005.

1. a1m3r3

a1m3r3 What's a Dremel?

Also got an old rig. Actually got four of them. Got them from my boss. They said there was something wrong with the mainboard and they couldn't use them any more (poor old thingys :sigh: ) So i ordered a new mainboard through ebay and now i'm "trying" to boost it's appearance (my very first "real" modding :dremel: , so don''t know if it works).

The only reactions i've seen so far are suggestions to use it as a file or webserver or something like that. Why not make it a dedicated gameserver (is that possible with a celeron :confused: ) Those things are very handy if you wan't to start your own party

2. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

If you wanna set one up as a file server for my network, should I install Linux on it? I think it's running Win 95 currently. If i should install Linux, what distro would anyone recommend (Pentium MMX, have to dig it out to check on clockspeed and RAM)

3. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Stick it next to your bed.

The rest is obvious ;)

4. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I get it, lol. what might be cool to do is build the computer into a chair or something, lay out hte parts on the bottom of a table or desk, then have a LCD that comes out of the desk, like straight up, and motorize it. or get a wireless screen (do they have those?) and stick it in a drawer when not in use, then pull it out and stick it onthe desk, and get a desk with a drawer right in front, so you pull open the drawer and theres your keyboard and mouse.

5. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm What's a Dremel?

Take all the gubbins out, put a window panel in and silicone seal round all the edges. Then fill it with water and stick two goldfish in it.