1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding In need of some 'black' Plexi

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Warrior_Rocker, 1 Oct 2005.

1. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

ok, this is short and simple, and if this has been posted already, i have probably looked at it, and have not found the answer i was seeking...

all i need is about a 12inX12in peice of black plexi glass, or shiny black plastic of some sort, so any US suppliers would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance for the help

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

3. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

4. WizZard

WizZard What's a Dremel?

AC Ryan just launched some mirrored acrylic today if that's any help

5. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

thank you guys very much, i know it was a n00bie post on my part, but sometimes you gotta ask the stupid questions, thanx again

6. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

spray paint the inside of the plexi. it will have the plexi itself in between it to keep the paint from getting scratched, and it will look perfect because all the paint blemishes will be on the other side of the plexi.

i didn't look at any of the links, so sorry if i repeated anything. tell me if you don't get what i'm saying, i feel like i didn't explain it well. basically paint the surfact you won't be touching when it's finished

7. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

the technique I'm not a monster is describing is rock solid, painting the back of the plexi gives you what ever color you want with a high mirror finish as the plexi acts like a thick clear coat. It simple as you don't need any prep or have to sand just paint and be done. It will scratch of easily so it has to be in places where once finished gruby hands and such won't be scratching at it.

8. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

hmm... it might jsut be my distinction but i am assuming he wants it to have some sort of transparency? so in that case he needs to check out collermeister's STORM'D case!

9. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

if you want it transparent, either spray a light coat on the inside, or use that window darkening film stuff