1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding project big blue rig

Discussion in 'Modding' started by venomz, 5 Oct 2005.

1. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

My last project, Project Xblade, didn’t really go well. I think I got a little too Dremmel happy lmao. I just think it was a case that was way above my skill that I couldn’t do. Like making the Bondo all mega smooth.

Anyways for this project I'm gonna put liquid cooling in it. I have an old CompUSA case that I bought 3 Years Ago. It has 2 bubble Plexiglass things going on the side of it. I’ll be putting new LED in it to make it brighter. I'm going to get someone to repaint the case sparkly blue. So this project is going to be called Project Big Blue. Hehe Because every thing is going to be painted blue and maybe some UV Reactive Cold Cathode Lights so I can make the liquid all glowy.
    My specs on my pc us a P4p 800 Deluxe, Sapphire Pro 9800, 1.5 Gig Of Ram 1 Gig Of It Is Corsair Xms Series. I Forgot What My Hard Drive Is But Its 160gig. But here is some links on what I’ll be using for my liquid cooling set. I don't have any pics up yet because I just thought of doing this last night its not a time of the moment thing guys . I'm really going to finish this project.

I have everything at my house besides the buttons I need so here’s the list of what I have”
    This is the rad I’ll be using.
    http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=175&cat=23&page=1
    This is the pump I’ll be using.
    http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=2&cat=5&page=1
    This is the rad I’ll be using.
    I’m going to be using 2 of these buttons.
    http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-70.html
    This is the res I’ll be using. It Has 1/4 To 3/8 Stuff On It So Ill Have To Buy An Adaptor To Make It Into 3/8 To 1/2 Or Something.
    Http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-res-79.html
    Here’s the graphics card block I’ll be using.
    Well I can’t find my video chip set.... Well if you guys know what you’re doing, Which with this forum I don’t see why not. Hehe. The Agp block is the same kind as the CPU block . Just Its All Chrome.
    Here’s what I’ll be using for my Cpu block.
    http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=93070CH
    I Do Need Help Deciding On The Best 120mm Fans That Have Blue Led In Them
    Because Every Thing But The Uv Reactive Led Will Be Blue. It Needs To Be Quite Also.
    I Also Bought A 6" Tv Ill Be Putting On The Bottom Of My Pc Ill Be Modding A Little.
    I Need A Little Help Also With Deciding On What I Need To Use For My Liquid. I Have No Idea On What To Do. I Did A Little Research But I Cant Find Any Thing On It.

Now I think that’s everything posted on what I’ve got. Here are my plans on what I plan on doingI’m going to be cutting out the window on it all ready and put blue plexiglass on it. For where I’m going to be putting my radiator is on top of the PC which is near my res. So it’s going to be a little tough putting the tubing in there. I plan on using two buttons, ones going to be blue for turning on the PC and the other is going to be for resetting the pc. And on the rad part I’ll be encasing the whole thing in blue plexi. Inside the PC Im not going to really do anything but take the HDD rack out. I got a 5.25 bay thing I’ll be using for it. That’s all I know on what I’ll be doing. I don’t need to but anything cuz I have everything with me from my last project. Hehe Your learn you live to cut another day I guess. Hehe
    ::: Post your reply on what you think about this:::: I would really appreciate it. This is also in modding till I get some pictures up and running.

2. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

Excuse me, no offence, but are you really an Englishman? Because I saw that you had written "useing" and "comeing" and so on. Using and coming...

3. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

well sorry m y grammer kinda sucks :). i usally have my friend edit my post but i dident this time :)

4. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

hey i got a deal for you guys. sense you no my grammer sucks. ill challenge y ou guys to edit my log . and ill put y our name in my log if y ou do this for me :D. but you have to edit all my new posts when i postem hehe. just a thought for you guys if you want to do this for me.

5. LOTTARO

LOTTARO What's a Dremel?

i hate bondo!

why you do this!

6. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Where are you putting the psu?

7. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

im ganna be putting my PSU on the bottom right side of my front pc . its ganna mount right up on the side door for the back of the pc part. i think it will look cool with a clear plexi PSU that glows blue.

8. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

at least you remebered the newspaper this time ;)

(is your grass still covered in primer?!)

9. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

What case are you using? I have the exact same case as you do and I've been trying to find out the maker and model of it for about a year.

10. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

its an old comp usa case that i got a couple years ago. it was the first case i bought when i first got into every thing :) the sides light up thats what i love most about this. hehe. and yeah i still got some sanding to do, i noticed there were some bumps :( but not to bad for basicly first time modding even though my last xblade case got to choped up to modd further. hehe

11. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

Darn it, you bought it at the same place and around the same time I did mine! lol

12. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

yeah my grass is covered with primmer oops. oh well.

13. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

i love bondo. makes it look sexy. when its all sanded down and smothed. kinda dusty though. hehe by the time im done sanding most this stuff. its ither all over my leg from sitting down and sanding . or its all over the ground. just a big mess.

14. LOTTARO

LOTTARO What's a Dremel?

ok man... keep working! :)

15. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

crys... i cant get much painting in today just sanding i gies :( its sapost to rain. for 3-5 days DOH>>>>>>> this sucks ass. i hate rain.

16. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

lack of updates....sorry doh

sorry guys for the lack off updates been busy. there has beena flood watch where i live for a a week :( . cant work on my computer cuz i dont have a inside p lace. i could probly sand it but been busy with buying stuff for snowboarding :). but as soon as the rain goes away ill work none stop on my pc befor winter comes. cuz i no if i dont do that i wont do it tell next summer.but i did get all my stuff i ordered for my PC i got my ress, buttons, and other stuff i needed. so i have every thing i need . just need to do some sanding and stuff. every thing is prity much modded. like my stealth bay area, and back panel is basicly done. just need to do some prep sanding. like going from 120 to 80,20 stuff like that ot make it mega smooth with out bumps. one thing that did come in handy when i when i used that primer. i saw all the bumps i needed to pay attintion to. so i dident have to take hours on finding them. :)

17. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

bondo/plexi issues

hey . as you no i have plexi glass super glued agents my back panel . and i was wondering how to permently put it agents it with out useings screws and stuff. because i have a problem with that. when i would go to sand the bondo smothe agents the edge's it was perfect but. there was one problem i could push the plexi out side and it would make it un eaven . which was annoying. so if any one could tell me how to permently put plexi behind a panel permently?