1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Audio Isolation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darknecromancer, 10 Oct 2005.

1. darknecromancer

darknecromancer What's a Dremel?

I've been trying to find software that can isolate audio tracks from post rendered audio files, but when I do Google searches I mostly return 'audio isolation head phones' or such, I've looked around for this before with no result then either. I just find it had to believe that with all the technology and advanced algorithms, that someone hasn't created something to analyze audio and remove that specific track, backwards of sound canceling, sound isolating. Just wondering if anyone knew of anything

~Dark

2. dom_

dom_ --->

how do you mean? as in take a recording in a pub with music in the background and remove all the pub noises, so your left with the music?

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Once the audio is mastered, it loses it's multi-track capability and becomes a single track for mono or 2 tracks for stereo. The only way to do anything like what you are talking is to isolate the frequencies you want, but that will isolate all frequencies including from instruments you don't want...

However, if it's a multi-track recording, you can use most any multi-track software as long as it's in a format the software understands. I use Sony SoundForge 8 for any multi-track mastering I do.