1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPU's hitting the shelves for Christmas

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zr_ox, 22 Oct 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Really??! I must have missed that bit :blush: :blush:

No wonder it costs so much. The PPU should become more cost effective to use in a console though and cost:use ratio is a lot higher than PC.

2. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

lol :hehe:

it sais on the ppu website...

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Oct 2005
  4. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

The hardware isn't built into the PS3 or the xbox 360. Ageia have a physics API that you can use to program physics into games and other programs. This API will use their hardware if you have it, but it can run on other hardware as well.

It will run on pretty much everything and thats the point. No one wants to intergrate it into their game if it won't work for people that don't have a PPU. All that picture means is that their API works on PS3 and 360. This means that developers can make programs that run on all platforms using the Ageia API. This makes developers more likely to use it which means more titles that the Ageia PPU can support

5. -SD-

-SD- What's a Dremel?

Hello everybody.

I have to tell you that the pic is and old eval/demo board picture. The retail boards from ASUS and BFG will be PCI only.

There's lots of people who are excited about the PhysX PPU and what it (hopefully) will do for the immersion in PC games and for PC games in general. I am also very excited about PhysX, so much so that I've been collecting all kinds of links and info on this little dedicated info page ever since AGEIA's PhysX announcement in March 2005:

http://personal.inet.fi/atk/kjh2348fs/ageia_physx.html

There's all I've managed to gather about PhysX and I try to keep the page up-to-date as good as I can. Happy clicking :)

6. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

you reckon we can OC this thing :dremel: