1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Life 2 - Lost Coast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 14 Sep 2005.

1. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Omfg that is seriously awesome. I can hardly beleive I am using the same forum as somone as awesome as you. Is that your flag behind gabe newell?! if so "j00 R t3h r0xx0r!!11!!1"

eeep! im so excited!

Did you mean to spell hi 'hii' on your website?

[/disbeleif, awe and amazment]

2. Hired-Gun

Hired-Gun What's a Dremel?

Thanks woof82

I use the "Hii there" as my signum when i mail my friends,guess that Hii sliped in when i made the site.
    Thanks for the tip woof82 gonna change it when i make my new page that will contain the lvl2SG and crowbar...

3. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Hey cool - I saw these up-close, and they rock! Not quite sure how Valve snuck them past Customs / Homeland Security though :D

Nice work mate!

4. Hired-Gun

Hired-Gun What's a Dremel?

Well i labeled the package as artwork and i guess that costum's ppl dident have a field day.
    Btw you dont happen to have some more pics off my replica's at Valve HQ,if you have i would be very happy if you could send them to me...
    Anyway glad that you liked my homemade replica's and thanks for the very good article about LC..

5. The_Pope

Um, I have a couple I think - we were being booted out of the meeting room and I just kinda went snappy snap snap taking a few shots.

I also have some short video footage of Blackmesa II up close, if anyone is interested...?

6. dude4600

dude4600 What's a Dremel?

how to get out of chapel?

first off i think valve over--somethinged? the system requirements. my 2 yr old pc: 2.4 ghz, 512 mb ram, 128 mb radeon 9250 played perfectly fine except there was a lag sort of thing every now and then and the frame rates were alot slower than when i played normal half life 2
    ...and i dunno if the hdr and stuff was not right because i dont even look at that detail...hl2 was amazing enough for me and this seemed same...

ANY WAY

HOW DO I GET OUT OF THE CHAPEL...I GO IN, THE DOOR LOCKS BEHIND ME, AND THATS IT.....i wasted 46 minutes trying to get something to do(lol i spent so much time i even found a glitch in there :D )....
    BUT WHAT AM I SUPPPOSED TO DO....please help me all i need to know is waht do i do to get the next series of events started....thanks.

7. The_Pope

Welcome to the forums mate. You're not far from the end, so I don't want to post a direct spoiler for everyone. my tip is to turn on the Commentary under Advanced Audio Options - the clue you need is in there.

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Or read a certain sign on that large machine...

Fun but short. A good future for gaming certainly.

9. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

woot woot am i first?

it actually took me a little while. those flippin worms are evil. but once you get out past the boat they go away and you are freeee to swim. [​IMG]

got more of the long trip if ya want...you know shooting birds...endless rockets its all fun.

10. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I love it...it's a bit shorter than I'd expectet but still very fun an impressiv!
    The HDR fells so "natural" I really cant discribe it... :clap:

11. fev

fev Industry Fallout

OMG IT KICKED ASS.... even on my naff graphics card you could see an improvement in reflections and the sky... as soon as you enter the game and look towards "the sun" you can see the picture adjust just like somones eyes would

12. KriTip

KriTip What's a Dremel?

So, you have to have completed HL2 in order to paly lost coast. I lost all my saved games, and am rushing throught the game now, to play it. Of course if there is no need then, please enlighten me as how to play it :D

Kristian

13. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to play it... Just ordered my 1gig of ram from newegg and it's already here tonight!

14. Firehed

No you don't.... I just reformatted and it showed up for me. It's not "in" HL2, it's under it in the steam games menu.

15. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Hmmm, disappointed. With DoD:S being out HDR has lost it's lustre, and beyond HDR there's not much too it. If they'd released this 2 months ago i'd have thought it was awesome (though still too short) but now it's just meh.

16. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

Guys...

1. How do i get ontop of the chapel.

2. After i shoot the gunship thing what's next, is there credits at the end or what? Does it end or should I just quit?

3. I want to make love to the fisherman, how do I get back to him my dears.

17. sheardjr

sheardjr Minimodder

Last edited: 31 Jan 2013
  18. Firehed

After you shoot it down, part of the platform thing you were on "loosens up". Go underneath it through that hole and make your way into the basket thing on the right

19. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

that was a level wow that was short. hope there is more to come

20. hacker 8991

hacker 8991 What's a Dremel?

I'll see your 100 health and raise you 45 armor.

[​IMG]

You can do this without losing any health by carrying a healthpack up to the dark tunnel with sunlight streaming in, just before you turn into the courtyard. Hop up onto the ledge and sprint forward. Your goal is the small ledge that is at the bottom of the edge of the building. You will take some damage when you land, but the healthpack will recover it. Slide down the nearest incline to the next lowest level, then do it again onto the low wall. Don't worry about geometry in this area because you won't clip on it. Walk along the cliff until you are about even with the lighthouse and sprint off into the water. Swim up to the shore and take your screenshot!

Have a look at the demo if you have Lost Coast to see how it's done (for some reason, I couldn't turn the demo into a movie. All the frames were identical to the last frame.)

Tags: Add Tags