1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Looking for a cheap and small laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Da_BaCoN, 12 Oct 2005.

1. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

I've got a laptop right now that I use for school (it's an HP Pavilion), but the thing is so big and heavy, plus the battery only lasts about an hour or two max. What I'm looking to get is something quite small and cheap (thinking of buying used on ebay).

My friend recently bought a laptop almost identical to this one and I'd like something similar, but perhaps a bit bigger.

As far as use, I need it for typing up notes in class, general web browsing, e-mail, IMing, etc... just "the basics", so I'm thinking older hardware would be fine (and a plus for the price factor).

So does anyone have any suggestions for a specific brand and/or model laptop I should look for?

Thanks for the help!

P.S.
    Thinking of maybe using Linux on it at some point, but since my Linux knowledge/experience is very minimal, that may have to come later.

2. zmodder

zmodder What's a Dremel?

my brother in law has a p3 machine leik that and just a tad bit bigger but i luv it compared to mine, there are smaller notebooks outhere like that but i think u woul have more of a chance to find a p3 in somethin so small... try lookin for p3 notebooks.

3. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Apple iBook 12". Does everything you need, small and light, great battery life, educational discount. :)

4. Gipo

Gipo What's a Dremel?

5. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

educational discount?
    Sounds like I might be getting a Apple!
    :worried:

6. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

The key word here was _cheap_ I think the guy is looking for a sub 400 dollar laptop... not a ~1000 dollar one..