1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Fan controls

Discussion in 'Modding' started by speedfreek, 9 Nov 2005.

1. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know any good fan/light controls. I want my UV and LEDs to be controlled seperatley and adjustment for fan speeds. Im probably going to make my own controller if I cant find what I want, If anyone has any experience with that or suggestions it would be appreciated. I have enough electrical exp but Im new in modding. Thanks

2. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

To get the exact things you want ied say just make your own if you have the experiance. Thats what im doing, a simple pcb with a lot of connectors with 2 switches, 1 for high or low or off fan speed and one for what color the leds on the fans are or off.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

There are dozens of fan controllers on the market... by many different manufacturers (e.g. Thermaltake, Enermax, Sunbeam, Logisys, Vantec, Zalman etc), each with a varying number of functions (temp monitoring, fan speed control, lights on/off switches).

Have a look here to get an idea of what's available/prices :thumb:

4. silent_project

silent_project What's a Dremel?

if you have the open bays the possibilities are endless

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Welcome to Bit, speedfreek. :thumb:

If you want to build-your-own, have a look in the Useful Links sticky in the Electronics forum.

Or I could just pimp one. :eyebrow:

6. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Im going to make my own controller just because I can. If anyone has any suggestions or warnings about what not to do it would be great.

7. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

8. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

apoligies if this thread is to far dead, however i would like to say that the vantec nexus fan controller looks nice, but the one i bought had a crappy fan controller ic for the voltage regulation, mine turned out to be fine, but a friend of mines *who's name will be left out, hooked up a total of 5 fans to it, and it well caugt on fire, and i mean literally walked in and there was a flame...

so be careful and read the maximum loads, cause well, they put it there for a reason...

9. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

lol, maybe he modded his to have built in flame throwers and it went terribly wrong lol! god that would be funny to see lol ahehehe :hehe: :hehe: