1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

Its the plexi that makes it look croocked. I think the screw on the right holding the plexi is more up and accounts for it.

Also is the case bowing in the middle between the wheels. omg i wouldnt doubt i with all the stuff in it. I cant imagine how much itll bow with the water in it.

2. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

On every photo I take it looks like things aren't straight, but I can assure you it is perfectly straight. It's just my camera and my bad photographic skills.

3. WizZard

WizZard What's a Dremel?

Great job Franklin, I doubt I'll ever make my V2000 look this good!

There is a slight fisheye effect in the photos, and that would account for the way things look crooked.

4. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

I was almost going to say that, but then I did that correction in my photoshop and found out that it didn't affect that particular PSU skewness at all :).

Franklin, btw, you might anyway want to take a look at "lens correction" tool, if you have a photoshop. It does good job in correcting barrel distortion, ie. makes straight lines straight.

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

indeed there is a fisheye affect.... if you look at the top of the case it is bent upwards, which i doubt it is in real life!

mabe its just a little camera problem, or in editing them its making them slightly fish-eyed

6. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

if you read the previous page, Franklin told me it things were crooked cos it was just mok up shots, it will all be nice n level when hes done.

7. WizZard

WizZard What's a Dremel?

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

and also if you read the previous page he said the bottom section was fully done...

9. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

This weekend I will have time work on the case. Today I had to solve a problem with the hoses in the CPU area. The problem was the connection from the CPU cooler and the mosfet cooler. I added the mosfetcooler after I had made the planning for the hoses. This because I wanted to be sure I don't get any problem with the mosfets with all the covers. There is very little space in this area, the radiator in the back is just in front of the mosfets. I made an acrylyc piece that has to prevent any tensions on the coolers. Tensions because I wil have to make a very short bent with one hose.

[​IMG]

Just below and above the cpu cooler you can see where the hoses for the mosfetcoolers will be placed. It not easy to see on this picture, but I've made an acrylic part that covers the CPU area and will take care of any tensions.

From another angle you can see the acrylic much better.

[​IMG]

10. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I have made another piece for the hose that has to make a sharp bent. Just used some acrylic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pieces are glued together. Between the pieces I will place/glue triangular pieces of acrylic to reinforce the part.

11. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

Nice :). Looks both practical and cool.

12. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

Really nice; for a long time I had not had so much fun reading a worklog.
    I read the 32 pages at once (I also think this old type of worklogs is better)

This is coming out really, really good. :jawdrop:

13. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Today I finished the holder for the hose and I finished the buttons in the frontpanel. I used a very thin sheet of rubber. It was ideal to use, because it's flexible and easy to work with.

[​IMG]

the rubber is attached to the aluminium plate and the back of the DVD eject buttons.

[​IMG]

Acrylic part on top and it is ready to be installed.

[​IMG]

14. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Looks brilliant Franklin. I cant wait to see the whole case assembled.

Keep up the good work :thumb:.

15. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Looking good :)

16. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

For some reason this comment reminds me of an episode of that 70's show.

Looking great btw with the mod.

17. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Tomorrow some more testing. The frontpanel, the Aquaero and the DVD drives are mounted now. I will have to carry the case upstairs to connect the DVD drives to my current computer and test whether the drives open and close correct. I will have to use the PSU in my current computer because the watercooled PSU's can only be used when the waterloops are connected. That's it for today.

G-gnome thanks for your email to Geoff. What a great surprise :clap:

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Replaced the blue leds in the GPU coolers by green ones.

[​IMG]

Did also connect a lot to the mainboard already and some more work on the hoses.

[​IMG]

The hose at the bottom, right corner in the pic, can´t make the corner without some support. This is where my acrylic part comes in.

[​IMG]

It is a VERY tight bend.

This is the way the hose will be seen in the finished case.

[​IMG]

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Awesome Idea! Looking trés nice. :)

20. customh

customh conflagration.

Wow, thats all i can say, i got halfway through and the suspense was killing me so i flipped to the end and saw what you have done and its sweet. Subscribed!!!