1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Absoultely Gutted.

Discussion in 'General' started by Stickeh, 10 Nov 2005.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Just been gutted, like a fish.
    Went to take my driving test this morning, and i had a headlight out, this is the same headlight i had repalced that very morning.

So...before my test even began dad was racing to the nearest garage for a replacement, after finding the fuse had blown, a new wire clip was needed as well as a new light bulb, we got back to the test centre with no time to do it.

I'm just gutted that ive had all this tension all week and for nothing, hell ive been laying off of doing work cus im too anxious/nervous/excited. To say my dad was pissed is an understatement, im currently afraid of what hes going to do, the guy was almost in tears.

Anyway....ive allready booked another test on Monday, hopefully that will go without a hitch, heres hoping eh?

2. ajack

ajack rox

Yeah that sucks but count yourself lucky that you managed to book another one so soon. Just be sure to check everything the night before and on the morning, thoroughly! Good luck for Monday.

3. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

aw. unlucky :(

on the good side i would be more relaxed about taking it on monday. :) *im not sure why*

your lucky to get it one again super soon. :O

Good Luck :thumb:

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Monday!! You're lucky you dont have to wait 2 months between test dates!

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Good luck James. :thumb:

6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Aw, poo. I guess you do need headlights at this time of the year when it's darker, wouldn't be so much of a problem if it was in summer I guess, you wouldn't fail for a faulty car I don't think.

Let us know how it goes on monday!

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yer, that what it was like when I took mine.

Be thankful for getting one so soon your bloomin lucky!

8. a9on87

a9on87 ...

I think it's 2 weeks between tests now, after I failed my first one I could only book one 2 weeks later.

I'm guessing because you didn't actually fail the test you don't have to wait 2 weeks!

Which test centre is it? The one in Gedling?

Good Luck for Monday! :thumb:

9. MrWillyWonka

Its nothing to do with that, it's to do with the waiting list. If varies in areas, the average is 6 weeks, but sometimes people drop out and he may have been lucky that someone dropped out and he got that place.

Southampton has 4 large test centres, and waiting lists are nearly two months at each, I booked mine well in advance anyway!

10. a9on87

a9on87 ...

There is definitely a set time period between failing a test and taking another one (I think 14 days), I vaugely remember my instructor telling me and seeing it on some piece of paper that I got given when I failed my first test!

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

6 month waiting list here :hehe:

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Thanks everyone :D
    a90n87 yes there is a set time, either 10 or 14 days between failing and then re-taking a test.
    Theres a 2-3 month waiting time around here, but luckily i caught a cancellation date albeit its in west-bridgeford, mini roundabout centre! Its mad round there!

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Christ. I've got mine coming up on December the 3rd. If I fail, I will do myself a mischief. The 6 week wait will KILL me if I have to do it again!

14. MrWillyWonka

Well, you can get your money back if you cancel the test within 2 or 4 weeks (can't remember, but it's on the website), so if you book anohter test 2 (or 4) weeks after the first test, you don't need to wait so long, do this every time you do the test, when you pass cancel the next test and get your money back. :)

15. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

business idea? :worried:

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

dang u guys gotta like make appointments and stuff?

that sucks, i just went to the place, said i wanted my license, took the test, done son 93% due to my not putting the parking brake down lol

but ya whys ure dad sad about this? does he REALLY want u to get ure licesnse?

17. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

You have to sign up for your test. You cant just go in and say you want your license. And you need a parent there unless your 18. Don't be to nervous, just drive like its a friend, but don't try and show off, trust me, its EASY. I just thought of the instructor as my dad. Passed with only 1 mark wrong.

P.S. remember to do the little stuff they make you do in behind the wheel (covering brake and junk) unless you didn't need to do that where you live.

Good luck!!

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya its easy (my place doesnt care, as long as u have a parent or somethin, u just go in and ask to take it)

ya its real easy and points are usually missed due to little stuff, (as with me forgetting the parking brake, she was like u all done i was like ya and she was like ok u forgot to set the brake

ya its REALLY good if u check behind u when u pull out and stuff she complimented me for that

and ya just dont concentrate to hard, pay attention and just do it

19. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

:hehe: :hehe:
    if you forgot to put the handbrake on when stopping and forgot to check your blind spot when moving away in a UK test you'd probably fail :p

20. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

thats what it was like down under...one day me and a mate decided we would go and do the test together after college (theory that is) and just did it then and there...some 3 weeks later, after about 11 driving lessons and a bit of practising out n about with my folks i was the proud owner of one drivnig license!

Tags: