1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zalman TNN 300 fanless case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 10 Nov 2005.

1. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

The Spinpoint Drives are near silent. My SATA 80gb at their loudest emit a squrting kinda noise when seeking... perfect silence when the Reserator I have hadn't developed the impellor rattle it suffers from now.

2. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

US 700$ for a totally quiet PC, funk that I'd rather buy a vapochill, given Zalman has great quality the price is outrageous.

3. r00t69

r00t69 What's a Dremel?

Great review again guys. I was very excited when I saw this case, I was very fond of the 500AF but it was just too big.

I vote for more Hi-Rez shots as well, in fact for all your reviews!

When compared against A-Tech 6000 its quite reasonably priced. But its horses for courses this is not aimed at the £100 market segment!

Anyway its on my shortlist for sure :thumb:

4. silent_project

silent_project What's a Dremel?

kinda neat, i'm not the type to have an HTPC but after some other cases i have had with the "suck in the cat" factor this is really neat.

5. Muunsyr

Muunsyr What's a Dremel?

I would definately shell out the money for it for an htpc/living room pc. I would not, however, be sticking it under the TV. Why: I love the style of this case, it would be a bit of eye candy for the room, regardless of whether one knows much about PC's or even if it is recognised as a PC at all. Perhaps it would go near the TV in a slightly more prominent position.
    Unfortunately I will not be shelling out for one in the near future as my gameing rig is under construction (and the lian-li case now seems cheap in comparison :) ).
    Another vote for high res shots.
    Thanks for the review.

6. MagnusT

MagnusT What's a Dremel?

Please note that I'm not totally impartial on this issue, I import mCubeds stuff to sweden. But in my own private mCubed HFX chassi I run an AMD dual core 3800+ overclocked from 2,0GHz to 2,4 GHz and a 7800GTX overclocked from 430MHz to 485MHz. The only moving part, the harddisk, is in a special enclosure inside the chassi so it's totally impossible to hear too. The pc is TOTALLY fanless. Passive cooling only. Yep, the HFX is heavy and by no means small :D but it is totally silent. And my wife accepts it in the living room :naughty: :hehe: :D

My living room:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

7. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Welcome to the forums :)

A mighty impressive setup you have there Magnus, PC looks awesome as does the TV. Looks a damn good hifi setup too, Wadia CD player I recognise :cooldude: but what amp is that?! Looks absolutely enormous.

8. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

thats one sexeh case. A big improvement over the last one and I can understand the high price due to it being a product for a small market that costs a fortune to ship. The last one was even more expensive at aroun £700 aswell :p

9. MagnusT

MagnusT What's a Dremel?

Krell KSA 100S :)

10. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

damn sweet case ..

Tags: Add Tags