1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compaq Evo N610c upgrading the ram.......how??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MonkeyTurnip, 11 Nov 2005.

1. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

i've just bought a compaq Evo N610c laptop, and i've just bought a 512mb ram stick, how do i upgrade it, ive removed a panel thats screws to the case but it looks like to power controler for the battery :confused: ive heard than to do it you need to remove the keyboard :confused: ive taken out the screw on the bottom that has a keyboard symbol next to it, (a star bit) but the keyboard wont come out :confused: can any of you shed some light on this please

2. carbonfibre

carbonfibre What's a Dremel?

Hi Monkey200SX

You can download the maintenance an service guide direct from HP for this as a pdf Evo N610c.pdf
    Hope this helps

Last edited: 11 Nov 2005
  3. MonkeyTurnip

cheers for that, did look on HP's site, but i couldnt find anything but i will look again as the link does not work.

Edit: link worked third time, weve just had our computers at work changed and a whole new server with procected access...... blah blah blah

4. Mr_Gl@ss

Mr_Gl@ss What's a Dremel?

If you still need help the memory slots are below the keyboard (not underneath it) to the right of the track pad. The "tabs" that hold the lid down can be seen if you look at the bottom left of the keyboard area. You'll need something like a flatblade screw driver somewhat small to remove the lid.

5. MonkeyTurnip

all done and working, it was easy when i knew how, cos in the spec for the N600 (model down) there is a panel under neath where the ram sits thats held in with 2 screws, but in the N610c that panel is for ther Mini PCI modem, thats where i was getting confused. but its all done and works, that guide is very good

thanks again

6. nandugn

nandugn What's a Dremel?