1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Season 2 (obviously, possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 21 Sep 2005.

1. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

That was the only version. People are reading spoilers on who dies and making their own half-arsed assumptions on how it gets to that stage. Lets face it, you would never of guessed who died unless you read a spoiler/inside info - it was pretty random.

Oh, and guys. May I propose a little policy change here? These spoilers tags are getting out of hand, how about we only use spoiler tags when referring to information that *hasn't* happened yet. For instance, if somebody reads insider info on another site, then they use the spoiler tags (along with clearly marking it as insider info). I think using tags for something that happened 2 episodes ago is a little overkill. Yay/Nay?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well, for people that havent seen the episodes yet it isnt. Hence why I asked if people could put episode numbers in the title of their posts to let everyone know what they're on about so people dont read spoiler tags if they dont want to.

3. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

i have a horrible habit of hovering over spoilers though. it's a terrible sickness, i'm just too god damned nosey :waah:

oh well, only another 10 mins or so to go, so i should manage to avoid any more! back in an hour or so to add more black blocky goodness to the thread :)

edit: oh dear. i've been waiting 3 weeks for this, but i'm torn... watch it straight away, or watch neighbours, then lost :confused:

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

All spoilers below are for Season 2, Episode 6 (air date 9 November 2005):
    Did Ana shoot Shannon? Think back to the episode. What did we really see? Shannon ran off into the woods, we heard a gunshot and arrived on the scene to find that Shannon had been shot. When the camera panned over, we saw Ana holding a gun, but we don't really know that Ana fired the shot.

Perhaps somebody else shot Shannon, and Ana was holding her gun out in defense (after hearing noises and running from the "others"). In that line, I wonder what ever happened to Desmond. Did he have a gun when he ran off? I can't remember.

For the record, I hope it was Ana that fired the shot, and I hope Sayid feeds her to the "others." I just can't stand her (the actress or the character).

The producers had said that a character would die in the episode. So far the candidates are: Sawyer (infection), Shannon (gunshot), and Cindy (disappeared from Ana's group during the hike). I might also include Walt in that list, because we really don't know his fate either. I'm still waiting for when we get to see Rose and Bernard meet back up.

:)
    monkey

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ep6:

Ana's gun was cocked so it was out of bullets, so she had just fired. I literally cant wait til Sai goes ape **** on her and rips her a new one :D:D:D

6. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

OK, I was just saying that beacuause LOST has just ended and i ran upstairs to post and thought others had done the same.

And i cant wait either Bindi :rock:

7. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

2x06

oh my.

i'm also looking forward to seeing sayid flip out like a ninja, but i get a feeling he won't get to use that gun he carries around 'because he has someone to protect'. would they really kill off ana lucia so soon (though it would definately be a crowd pleaser!)?

i'm guessing the shannon-boone backstory is over now? maybe we'll get something from a crossover flashback involving one of the other characters, but that probably won't expand much on what we know so far.

of course this is assuming that it was shannon that died in that episode. she could miraculously recover in awesome hollywood style, maybe cyndi or sawyer died. very unlikely of course, but hey, it's lost!

i'm pretty sure they said a female cast member who'd been in from the start was being killed off though, which leaves only shannon. still, i'll accomodate any theories that result in shannon getting more screen time :naughty:

right, other stuff: who's gonna save me the bother and reverse what walt said in the tent? why wasn't he talking backwards in the jungle at the end!?

i have other stuff to ramble on about, but i'm thinking a rewatch is definately in order first. i mean, i'm not even sure if what's in this post makes sense tbh!

damn you lost, you make my brain melt.

8. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

the thing i dont understand is they saw walt run towards where shanon was shot, did michael see walt, will walt be a member of the case again

9. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I believe that the island's 'Security System' (whatever that really is) created those hallucinations in order to stir up a false fear, as it's becoming obvious that the Island itself has no direct power, only influence (apart from a few boobie-traps here and there). The apparition of Walt was for Said/Shannon to run in the right direction, the whispers was to create panic with Ana/Micheal/Echo. Bring them together and people do crazy things (as you saw).

I'm still not convinced that the island and the 'others' are in partnership in any way. They seem to be disconnected and have different agendas. The other's appear to be just after children (for survival? population? breeding?) while the island is intent on killing. I think most of the survivors from the back of the plane who were killed (was the count 11 or 12?) was either by the island or each other. Look how easy the island plays tricks on people, scaring them and then turning them on each other. And remember that Mr.Echo said that the others "took them". That is not true, remember that body close to camp? Looks like he was running from something (the whispers?) tripped, fell and landed on a tree trunk. Another sign of the island's influence?

Also did anyone hear what Ana said to Mr.Echo when "non-discript Lost actor #56" went missing? "This one's on you", that sounds to me that accidentally or deliberately at least a few of the deaths have been at the hands of each-other.

10. riggs

riggs ^_^

Sounds to me like "they're coming and they're close" (either that, or they're cumming in their clothes)...

...and

woot! Shannon got shot! I can't stand 'spoilt bitch' characters...

Last edited: 11 Nov 2005
  11. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yeah, but that episode was like her 'redemption song'. It elegantly explained why she became the 'bitch' she was portrayed as being in past flashbacks. In only one episode they transformed (or had the potential to) her character from 'useless child' status into a three dimensional person who's been given a rough time. Bit of a shame, she was the only real piece of eye-candy on the show :(.

12. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

You're kidding, yeah? Have you not seen Ana Lucia?

Yes, I'm joking. :duh:

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D If you like your men, then sure.

And anyway, what the hell? Kate and Claire are hawwwwt :rock:

14. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Kate has a decent nose, that's about it. Claire I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. The girl looks like she's got flu 24/7.

15. seebul

seebul Minimodder

:eyebrow: . She's Hot!!! Although i agree about claire.

16. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Anyone else think Claire really sounds like Ninjai? :p

17. kuku

kuku What's a Dremel?

hey i'm new to this froum, but i ws jst wondering if anyone had any ideas to why Walt ws taken? if u remember in the first season Clairs baby ws kidnapped, bt they didn't want the baby they wanted Walt! and did anyone ever notice how lucky Walt ws, i mean in everything he did like throwing the knife, to playing that board game with Locke and hugo, or even in the flash back when he ws doing his bird project the picture of the bird he ws looking at came flying throw the window!
    And we haven't really seen much of the Beast in season 2 yet, i wonder if thts going to develop!

18. riggs

riggs ^_^

Welcome to the forum :D

I'm pretty certain that in one of the episodes from season 1, Walts' stepdad says something about him being 'special' or 'different'...or something along those lines.

It's also occured to me that most of the the major characters had recently gone through significant situations affecting their life;
    Jack - dad died
    Kate - got arrested
    Claire - pregnancy
    Sayid - deal with FBI (or whoever they were)
    Hugo - Lottery win
    Sawyer - shot wots-his-face
    Walt - meets real dad
    Michael - gets his son back
    Charlie - falling-out with brother
    Locke - well...his life was pretty ****ed up anyway

Maybe them being brought together on the island is a way to deal with past events.

19. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

Lost Ep 6
    If you look at it the way that it was promoted "Next episode one of the survivors will die" then it is obvious who died. I think that it is the air hostess, she went early and in a way that you didn't see to distract you. We don't know if Sawyer was carried with them. And if you look at it Shannon gets shot in the stomach - it can take days to die from that.
    That way they have killed someone off, caused a massive discussion about it, and got to keep all the central characters.

20. quack

quack Minimodder

2x07: Fantastic episode... really good insight into what happened to the tailies, and now I understand why Ana is such a bitch. Still don't like her though!