1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Razer Viper :- Problems oh kno!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Visualaid, 11 Nov 2005.

1. Visualaid

Visualaid What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

I have a razer viper thats been my trusty gaming mouse for quite awhile. However awhile ago it stopped functioning correctly. When i plug the mouse in i get the device recognised beep. But for some weird reason the led on the mouse comes up really really dim. You can barely see the red from the led on the bottom of the mouse. I have no idea why its doing this.

Whats strange to me is that i can still left-right click stuff with no problems so i think that rules out its a connection error?. Any ideas guys. i love this mouse to bits. I cant send it back bcoz the warrenty is void.

-VisAid

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I dont much about electronics (got a C at GCSE) but it sounds to me like a faulty connection inside the mouse, possibly one that has worked loose over time. Open it up and check that all wires and connections are firmly connected to where they should be.

Make sure you unplug it first :p.

3. Visualaid

i checked all the wires but none seem faulty. im gonna find my voltmeter n check what current n voltage is gettin to the led. ill edit this post when ive done it.

4. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

Dry joints in the mouses PCB solder?

5. Visualaid

would that only have just started effecting the mouse though ? after a couple of months use?

6. Visualaid

checked the voltages n there all the same throughout the mouse apart from some ground lines etc.

7. Visualaid

im gettin 0.01 volts across the led legs and 900 ohms, if i bridge it with a pin running at 3v, it lights perfectly ( i only did this for a brief second to test if the led had blown, i kno its not a msart thing to do ).

So any ideas? i got a voltmeter handy for anymore chekcs you can think of.

8. vts

vts What's a Dremel?

windows problem?

usb messed up?

i'd suspect that first to be honest, its probably calibrating the mouse wrongly