1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Quick release coupling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmallen, 8 Nov 2005.

1. rmallen

rmallen What's a Dremel?

Originally I had an Exos and I did like the quick release non leak couplings at the back. I now have a koolance pre built case but could do with some sort of coupling that is quick release and doesn't leak (much) so that i can remove the koolance top section without draining the system ( I want to install silentx fans). I have seen an inline valve thingy but it was 8mm and I need something in 10mm

Any thoughts welcome

2. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I got a couple of quick release couplers from innovatek (go to 'Fittinge & Anschlüsse'). You attach any G1/4" fitting (i.e 10mm in your case). Work great and look good.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2005
  3. rmallen

rmallen What's a Dremel?

I presume you mean these ;P

Schnellverschlusskupplungen thats a hell of a word. I hope you mean these as they look very nice. How much will they reduce the flow?? any idea (not too much of a problem if they do. the case is meant to look good and be quiet not some l33t overclocking behmoth)

cheers

4. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Not sure how much they reduce flow (a little as the connecting part is narrower than the hose, but I doubt it is enough to affect temps if you have a good pump); but those are the ones (schnellver...etc).

5. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

IIRC the Quick Disconnects used by Koolance were made by Colder Products.

6. rmallen

rmallen What's a Dremel?

so now I need to raid a hospital ;P

Ok those hospital couplings are just what I need, chances of getting those in the uk, range from unlikely to not a bleeding chance ;p
    Medical grade couplings have got to be the way forward, any ideas anyone or will I have to launch a clandestine mission to liberate them from the NHS ;p

rmallen

7. PJP

PJP What's a Dremel?

I bought some colder fittings from Tom-Parker about a year ago only their website isn't playing ball.
    http://www.tom-parker.co.uk/old_site/
    try emailing or calling them
    They aren't cheap by the way.

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

IIRC watercooled pcs sells the quick release couplings in the UK. Otherwise go through the links sticky at the top of this forum as a lot of the pneumatics companies sell them.

Tags: