1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IT workers dubbed 'worst dressed'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 18 Nov 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. The_Pope

I'll kick this one off. Since I'm currently working from home, I slob around in whatever I feel like, and it doesn't matter at all. But that doesn't I don't know how to scrub up when necessary.

I say just make everyone wear a poo-brown UPS uniform to work every day then all the stress just melts away :D

3. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I wear either a bright yellow tshirt with "digger mad" on the back or a navy fleece with the same on it. Couple that with some jeans and some meefy steel toecapped boots, and im set.

oh dear.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Reminds me.. I need a few more shirts from thinkgeek for xmas the holidays.

5. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

Every thing about that article is ridiculous, but these two parts cracked me up.

If you don't want to follow trends, why the hell would you look for clothes in magazines that change what's "in style" every month?

[​IMG]
    If this is what she considers "well-dressed", I'll stick with my jeans and T-shirts, thanks. A corporate stylist should know better than to mix two ugly colors like that.

Edit: Oh god, I didn't even notice that the shirt is PINK on the inside! White, pink, peach and lime green in one outfit = :eeek:

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Nov 2005
  6. ajack

ajack rox

Mmmmmm Trinny.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

I wear a suit and tie to work, and I hate it... your tie and trousers end up covered in dust half the time because you're scrabbling around under or behind desks. I'd much rather just wear a smart-ish shirt and jeans or casual trousers, then it doesn't matter how grubby I get during the day.

8. The_Pope

Function over fashion? That's just CRAZY TALK :rolleyes:

9. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

:hehe: im wearing a man-made fibre short sleeve shirt right now :cool:
    my usual work attire is jeans + jinx t-shirt :p
    what are the wrong coloured socks? :S

10. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Haha, I'm guilty of the "wrong coloured socks" because I clearly don't own enough pairs of black socks. I wear casual dress which is dress pants with button down shirt or sweater. Then again, I don't work in I.T. and work in the cemetery business. I bet I could come to work naked and it really not matter since all of my customers are dead anyways. :lol:

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

atm im in jeans, white t-shirt and a pair of scruffy nikes, it'll be a cold day in hell before i wear a suit tho

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I admit a cotton shirt is far nicer, but something like silk just makes you look like a pimp. What's wrong with short sleve shirts! Stupid cow.

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

I wear shorts and a jumper, I rock.

14. Wolfman_UK

Wolfman_UK What's a Dremel?

I hate it when people critisize others for what they wear. Do people ever grow up? Do we all have to follow "fashion" or are people going to be sheep for the rest of their lives?

Wear what you want I say. I never have owned, and never plan to buy a suit. I go to work in what I want to wear, and so does everyone else I work with. Yes, I work in the IT industry, yes I wear jeans and a T-Shirt. Who really cares though?

-wolfman

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

shorts, jumper, extra thick socks over the top of normal socks at home :D
    dont go outside like that tho ;)

16. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

I'd like to see her go crawling around tracking down lan cables and finding that particular switch in the telco closet in a suit and tie.

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Eh, I wear a suit and tie to work every day and like it. Then again, I'm in the financial business, so that just goes with the terretory. Personally, I like getting dressed up...makes me feel more professional or something, I guess.

On a side note, they've actually done studies that show that casual dress hurts employee productivity in an office environment. Though moreso in an environment where you normally have a particular dress code and you bend it on day X. Offices that stick with professional dress or uniforms have proven to have higher morale as well.

Personally, I think dress should match your function in the environment and the environment as a whole. If you're in an office building, professional dress is sensible unless you're doing maintenance or something similar. If you're in a trade of some sort, obviously you don't need to be outside digging in a suit and tie or whatever. The internet-age business could use a bit of spruce-up, but not because some fashion guru tells us that...has a lot more to do with how you present yourself to others than if you're at home writing a review or something! :p

18. Infenro

Infenro What's a Dremel?

i just wear t shirt jumper and jeans at work, and yes im on a help desk and when we go out on site we have company polo shirts

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

20. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Short sleeve white shirt - no tie, smart trousers and shoes, and a black fleecy. Perfect for techie chic.

<= It's having stupidly long hair that kills the smart look for me.

I definetly agree with this point:

Tags: Add Tags