1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Office/Building NOT 56k friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by buzz_lips, 24 Nov 2005.

1. BurntKona

BurntKona What's a Dremel?

You know, from the subject, I was expecting a rant about how your office building did not allow 56k connections. I really must wake up.

Shiny workplace

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

We had a load done a while back for a show. :)

3. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

Yup, good trains as in frequency, don't get me started about time keeping!! and bought a nice house for reasonable money ;)
    I'm an essex lad anyway so know the area.

To get to the top you have to know someone in the building. If any of you are about I'm sure I can be bribed ;)

To be hoest now is the best time as it's so crystal clear atm so no haze or smog to obscure views ;)

4. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Just wondering, can anyone go to the bar at the top?

5. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

6. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Mr buzz_lips sir, mind taking a fellow bit-techer to the top?
    I'll buy you a drink there!

7. westie

westie What's a Dremel?

That is one cool building, Always see it when i got to london, and wondered what company owned it.

8. buzz_lips

buzz_lips What's a Dremel?

The Owner is Swiss Re a huge Reinsurance organisation. But they only occupy about the first 13 floors I think. There are still quite a few floors unfilled although there is quite a bit of work going on at the mo on a few other floors - I hate to think what the rent is but I know they were losing approx £32,000 a day a few months ago in lost rental revenue lol.
    The building also had a few issues, i'e windows falling out. Since I've been there one has fallen from the 24 floor :jawdrop: But think that issue has been fixed!! Basically the whole building ventilates itself so randon windows open according to conditions- think there were issues with the large hinges or something like that. I'm just glad no one was caught out by it.. Learn more here
    @ DaSuperFly

Shouldn't be a prob but it might be better to get a few up there at the same time. You also need to be smartly dressed don't have to be in a suit but no trainers/jeans T shirts - that sorta thing.

Anyone else interested i'll see what I can do. Prolly won't be till next year now though as this time of year is busy for me :(

9. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

That's such a nice building and I have to say the bar looks amazing, awesome view, it must be such a priviledge being up there..