1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Top Gear reminder and discussion!

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 20 Nov 2005.

1. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

Why would he have one with Isle of Mann plates?

2. dom_

dom_ --->

it was his gt40 he said when in the studio it was his same isle of mann plate

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Cool, thanks dom_, I turned it on, as they were in the car park.

4. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

It was a good ep, although it seemed a bit thinner on content than usual - probably due to the large piece on supercars. The garage section was v. funny :D

I was also looking forward to the interview with Ladyman, and it didn't disappoint. I knew he'd bring up speed cameras :D

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I think Ladyman came off very well in the interview tbh. To sit in a studio of car nuts and be grilled by Clarkson takes some doing and he came out better for it imo.

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I have changed my view slightly on speed cameras since it actually :O

7. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

Great episode this week. Had me laughing plenty!

I agree that the Ladyman came off well. A nice lap too!

8. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I wouldn't have called the F430 a supercar though.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Doesnt it piss you off if you still watch fifth gear and they have EXACTLY the same stuff a day after watching it on top gear? And Tiff's london grandprix was just shite.
    Im really really hating their "Tiff type it in and then have a scripted conversation" bit too. They're drivers not presenters, VBH is probably the only one that can do both.

11. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I agree Bindi, it seems a very poor imitation atm. They should really concentrate on making their own show different not exactly the same. The track they have is far too small to have proper tests on. Wish they would stick to actually just driving and reviewing the cars instead of having a talk in their office / studio.

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

our lord Jeremy had his car registered in the isle of man... no ones quite figured out why... but he mentioned it in an interview

13. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

maybe he has a house over there due to no speed limit :rock: reminds me when I get a car i'll have to take a visit over :hip:

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

He does, and a few achres of farmland which he tried to grow organic barley but failed.

15. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

You mean ROOOONIEEEE!!!

:D

ch424

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

meh, I didn't think it was the best show ever - too much time spent with the super doing not very much.

17. poot

poot What's a Dremel?

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's cause Tiff used to drive formula 1, and Jason does Touring cars. VBH can still drive (compared to say, James May or Richard Hammond on Top Gear) well but she isnt at the same standard as the guys who have years of competative experience.

19. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i remember in an interview jezza was saying how he admired Tiff's driving abilities... "he can powerslide a BMW and stop it in front of the camera with both BMW badges being upright on the alloys.. and without knocking the camera over"

the man's got talents that i'm sure wouldn't be wasted if he went back the beeb

20. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Looking like a good episode tonight - I like the cheap car challenges. The races are always funny, too. I notice that a lot of the things they did in S4 have now become fixtures, i.e. the big/small races and cheap cars (although the first one of those was in S3).

Someone should change the thread title to "Top Gear Discussion thread" tbh...

Tags: