1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Custom Logo Painted on side panel

Discussion in 'Modding' started by OneSeventeen, 28 Nov 2005.

1. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I haven't done much modding this year, but yesterday I did manage to spray-paint my logo on the side of my computer case:
    [​IMG]

The picture came out blurry, but I can assure the edges of the logo are crisp, and to my surprise, when I placed a coke can on the panel after drying, the newly painted portion was just as reflective as the paint job from the factory! I still may repaint the whole case with a custom theme (still using my logo), but for now, this looks mighty nice!

I made the stensil myself from a thin layer of sticky foam using a vinyl plotter, and based on the success I may sell paint stensils for modding in the future... but I won't pimp the site here.... yet...

From start to finish, the project took about 30 minutes plus drying time, great for the modder on the go!

whacha think?

2. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Wow that looks really good, but i actually thought the title said "Custom Lego Painted side panel" :wallbash: . I was kinda dissapointed...

3. nbfsoldier

nbfsoldier What's a Dremel?

i agree that looks excelent good job :clap: :rock:

4. mcbeckel

mcbeckel What's a Dremel?

Looks nice. Painting is always a PITA for me.

5. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Heh me two, But sweet paint job, Looks great!!!11

6. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

nice paint job, hope that stencil stuff works out for you :rock:

7. doryakov

doryakov What's a Dremel?

you did it good but the colors are bored . the case look like "dead" case .

8. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Yeah, doryakov, I agree. I do want something simple, because it is a business computer, but grey and silver are a little too dull, I'll probably switch to a solid black case with a light-blue logo, potentially a gradient from white to light blue, since that's the color scheme I'm going for on the company logo.

unfortunately the scratches on that side of the case are super-noticable now, so I'm almost forced to repaint the case, but that's a huge project, and thus, a huge PITA, so I'll probably procrastonate on that for a while.

9. pingthepiratehobo

pingthepiratehobo What's a Dremel?

just the one coat of paint i assume? im thinking of doing something similar to this, still working on a few design ideas, and that whole lazy git that doesnt do anything- thing