1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: H20 Capsule

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sdat1333, 19 Nov 2005.

1. sdat1333

sdat1333 What's a Dremel?

Discuss:http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=102224
    Hi everyone,
    After my last case mod with the AMS Genesis, I wasnt really very happy with how it turned out, and I ended up not using the watercooling parts I had bought. So I decided I wanted to build a new case from scratch. My friend (his name is Nick) and I brainstormed, and he came up with the idea of a cylinder. A few days later I found one of those turkey cooker things in a closet and realized it was perfect. It has a black powder coat finish, is ~17 inches in diameter and around 3 and a half feet tall.
    Anyways, this project should be on a much more tight schedule since im workin with a friend so he keeps me on track. We've started workin on it around 2-3 hours each day after school.

Oh btw my current system will be going in there along with my watercooling and when i get the money, a secondary loop to cool my chipset, power regulators, and video card ram.

Sean

oh and sorry for the fuzzy pics, it was a lowlight environment

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Nov 2005
  2. sdat1333

**UPDATE**

anyways heres the bottom section. I put 8 little carpet slider thingys on the bottom around the circle, theyre silver so they look good. The bottom section holds my Eheim 1250 and double heatercore w/ fans. It looks like the tubing will have to make some tight bends but i think its within the tubings ability. Also yes I know the electrical tape is ghetto but this thing is gonna be hidden under my motherboard so its no big deal. Also theres vibration dampening (i think its like neoprene or something. Its "closed cell weatherstripping") Anyways theres vibration dampening between the heatercore and the case (to protect from sharp edges and stuff), between the shroud and heatercore, and between the fans and shroud. So these fans are SILENT :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sdat1333

**UPDATE**
    Hello again everyone.
    nothing really signifigant, just built a little motherboard tray, shown with old skt A motherboard (going to be used for soldering practice anyways) to make sure the holes lined up. Tomorow is the last day of school this week i have to go to, we get wed, thursday, and fri. (as well as of course sat and sun) for thanksgiving :) So I SHOULD be able to get everything done by then.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. sdat1333

come on no comments?

5. Shandy

Shandy What's a Dremel?

Show us some more pictures - I'm intrigued.

6. sdat1333

k updating now

7. sdat1333

**Small update**

Here is my motherboard and PSU mounted in the case. Had a few setbacks but its still moving forward.

please give feedback, even if it is something simple like "good job" or "it sucks"

[​IMG]]

8. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Looks great that mounting of the mobo ;)

Are you pleased with your psu? silent and stable?

I like your mobo, can you take a pic from the backside?

Edit:
    You should edit the worklog and discussion tread url in yor sig, and the discussion url in the end of every update ;)

9. westie

westie What's a Dremel?

Looks cool will be interesting to see how it turns out.

10. sdat1333

k ill do that suggestion of urs klikka bzerk.

thanks for the nice comments.
    Yah alot of ppl out there say that the PC P&C Turbocool 510 is really loud, but i when i tested my CPU and i had to hook the PSU up the the motherboard, and the only fan on other than the chipset was the PSU's fan, it was noticable, but not loud at all. Like at first i didnt notice it, but to pic the sound of the PSU fan out i had to put my ear up to it and back up. Of course this was downstairs and the TV was on but still.

EDIT: Wati u want me to take a pic of the back of my motherboard?
    I guess i can next time i need to unmount it.

EDIT AGAIN: oh yah and PSU is rock soldid. Measured with a multimeter, my 12v stays at 12.05 (i think it was 12.05, not sure tho) and i never varied, even under load.

11. sdat1333

12. sdat1333

alright i did a small update, as always feedback is appreciated