1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Evil Ps1 Screen, No work.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by The_Dude2040, 26 Nov 2005.

1. The_Dude2040

The_Dude2040 What's a Dremel?

hello people of the modding forum,

ok here's my problem. my screen is hooked up to a d-sub on and AGP 5200, it turns on but it flickers like mad and the screen is split....don't really know how to put it. insted of the edges being at the edge their in the middle. so i get left hand side on the right and the right hand side on the left with a big black line down the middle. i've chacked the wireing a few times but to no avail. i know the screen works. unless i busted it when i opened it. i don't know what to do. also it's a pal screen (U.K.) so i don't know if that makes a diffrence??

oh, becuse i can;t exsplane stuff too well this is what i mean. the screen is suppost to be showing one of thoses XP scandisk things

[​IMG]

please help me to figure this out, becuse it's driving me mad :wallbash:

2. The_Dude2040

anyone, please. come one. please help. SMM save my mod! please.

3. The_Dude2040

Ok, becuse i've had no usggestions, i'll just keep asking,

could it be because i have it conencted to the d-sub by just sticking the wires in??

also the other pins on both the d-sub and screen. do they have to be connected to anything??

4. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

ok, it could be a number of things. your too impatient, if you want good answers you need to wait for them. just wait a day and youllget some good posts. the problem is that people are reading your post but they dont know how to fix your problem, so they dont post. i cant help you, ive never done one of these mods, so youll have to keep waiting. dont worry someone will help you soon.

5. The_Dude2040

Ok, i'm very impatient. guess i will have to wait. it's just on another forum i visit if their are no posts on a subject i reply telling, stupid i know but it's the way i am

6. HowY

HowY What's a Dremel?

Looks good to go dude...

Need powerstrip to set your timings up
    but otherwise looks ok....

Wont get a lot of help with the screens
    anymore it's an old mod....

7. The_Dude2040

well i can't do powerstrip. when i put the ps1 screen on it has to be the only one connected to make it work. if i connect a second monitor to the DVI connection on my car the ps1 screen will not work, and windows won't pick it up either.

edit

just read the artical again and what on earth is C-Sync??

Last edited: 27 Nov 2005
  8. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

The problem you have is that you need two video cards in your system. Hookup your monitor to your agp card and then buy a cheap pci video card. I used a ati 7000 from compusa. Then when you load up powerstrip you will be able to see the second pci video card and change the settings to what it should be. That should solve your problem. I did the same mistake as you. I tried to use the second port on my video card and got the same results.

9. The_Dude2040

oooowwww. that it. i can get some old grapics card from college. you thin a s3 would do or should i get some thing better.

10. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

I don't know if it will work. I think its up to powerstrip. If it recognizes the card it should work. If they are free try it out and see if it works. Won't cost you anything.

11. The_Dude2040

yeah, college chucked out a lot of pc so i'll go scavange. cheers fanatik

12. The_Dude2040

hmmm, i put in another grapics car an old rage 128, but i can't use it with powerstrip. it won't let me adjust the two diffrent card. i'm using a 5200 nvidia for the sgp. i just don't get it. windows picked up the card. and powerstrip did too. but it won't let me adjust between the two.

13. FanatiK

FanatiK What's a Dremel?

At the top of the powerstrip there should be two arrows. Are they greyed out? If powerstrip recognizes the second card then you should be able to click on the arrows. Try another card then. Can you get a hold of an ati 7000 or 9200? These two are known to work.

14. The_Dude2040

ahahah, i found it. in the er....device manger (right click my computer, hardware) it says not enouth system resourses. it.s the only pci card plugged in so i don't know. i'm gonna go back to bed for now. i got a touch of the flu.

15. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

try using both nvidia cards aor both ati cards.

16. Zach

Zach What's a Dremel?

or try setting the pci card as init display in ure bios.

17. Zach

Zach What's a Dremel?

if only the ps1 lcd wasnt round i wudda have been able to implement it in my mod, and i know the thrustmaster is troublesome! are there any other make ps1 lcds that are easy to connect to VGA that dont take a round pcb shape

18. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

just wondering, but if you are having trouble with the vga input, can you try to do it with composite, i know it may look sligtly 'less as good' but it still display something...

btw the offbrand ps1 lcd's generally are rectangles not on that silly circle pcb they have the ps1 lcd mounted on, not sure of the rgb input tho

cheers, Warrior_Rocker

19. The_Dude2040

i be having the trouble with the vga style. given up for now tho.