1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Anyone got a xbox 360 who didn't pre-order (UK only)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by therealdave, 5 Dec 2005.

1. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

just wondering as i have heard here (in swansea) that no one got one that didn't pre order, but then when i asked the nice comet lady if i could preorder one a few weeks back she said they'd stoped and it would be "first come, first served" knowing a few ppl who went down early early and were told out of stock, was wondering what other people's experiance was...

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Preordered at Dixons mid Sept, long after my local Game had stopped taking preorders. Got mine on launch day.

3. Slick

Slick What's a Dremel?

yup I qued at tesco for 8 hours on launch day and got a core version for £80 :D (a guy in the que gave me £130 to let him buy a premium)

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

....retard?

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Retard? Not really as he could have put it on eBay and STILL made a £100+ profit ;P

6. Slick

Slick What's a Dremel?

na, the guy just really wanted the chrome CD drawer and a hi-def cable. TBH if he'd bought a core, it would've cost him the £200 (the £130 + £70 price difference) to buy all of the accessories (£70 hard drive, £60 wireless bridge, £15 hi def cable, £15 remote, £15 xbox live headset and the wireless controler is worth a bit more).

Still, I'm more than happy with my side of the bargain as I used the extra money to buy a couple more games, memory stick and a wireless controler with plug n charge :D

7. muse46

muse46 What's a Dremel?

Game in bradford had 2 premiums and 6 cores on sunday, i know the 2 premiums wents sharpish, but aparently nobody is going in asking for the cores, and nobody knows they have stock.

Probably sold by now though!

8. [CCL] Loki

[CCL] Loki What's a Dremel?

A couple of our employees had nightmares trying to pick up a 360. One was lucky enough to have struck a friendship with the manager of Gamestation, so his pre-order was walked through. Another picked one up from a friend who sensibly pre-ordered two.

There was a bit of anger from another couple of our employees, because they weren't allowed to buy any of the units we got in at CCL, but we think that what we're doing with them is a much better idea.

Basically, we're doing a charity auction this week, and a charity raffle next week for our units, with all the profits going to the Candlelighters charity.

With the mods' permission, I'll make a post about it elsewhere on here, but if you're interested the links aren't too difficult to work out for yourself.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

btw, wireless bridge doesn't come with premium pack.

10. Springs

Springs Boing boing

when i went into game the day b4 the release they said they would have a couple of core systems on sale... but i didnt really want one of them.... as they aint as good as the premium.... im gonna wait a bit for more to some out...

11. Slick

Slick What's a Dremel?

you're right! I didn't realise that, it's made me more chuffed with my deal :D

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I tried Toys R Us in Swansea (they had stacks of PSPs in stock when they were released- so I figured it was as good a shot as any) but was told they'd sold out in 15 minutes.
    After looking around the store I'm glad I didn't get it from there - the bundles on offer were abysmal.
    I'd proberbly have had more luck if I'd just gone to Argos or Tesco in Merthyr instead.

13. therealdave

therealdave What's a Dremel?

so it looks like no one got one, who didn't pre order or was mad enough to queue and wait for hours, was just wondering when stock would reach a level of just walking into a shop and picking one up... considering that the realese date for the 360 is the 10 th for japan, when will it be likely we'll be able to do this ?

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I was told in Swansea Gamestation that they weren't expecting to get any more shipments of units until March

15. Slick

Slick What's a Dremel?

lol yeah I asked someone in Game in Edinburgh and they told me to "come back in February"

16. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

My local virgin had a few core on sale the other day, noone really seemed to be too interested in buying them though... wouldn't surprise me if they were still there!!!

17. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I just noticed this thread and I thought I'd share some information.

Microsoft have stated there will be weekly shipments of 360's and from what I've seen they're telling the truth.

This is what I know: I pre-ordered mine from HMV a month ago and on launch day I was told my order would come around February/March. That is complete rubbish, they give such a crazy date because they don't know any better. 360's arrive in what's called 'random stock' delivered by DHL or similar, it's not scheduled. Anyway, I've been told that my 360 will be ready to pick up next week (again, the stock is on it's way but not by usual supply trucks).

The benefit of those weekly/fortnightly shipments is that people desperate for one have several chances to find one (without resorting to eBay).

As for your situation, I strongly recommend you give up on Comet. A friend of mine is the manager at my local branch and he's mentioned that the pre-orders are a complete mess. Some examples are people coming in and giving a *full* deposit on a pre-order, they're immediately bumped to the top of the list, even above people who pre-ordered months ago. Another problem is their company ethics, if a staff member (or their friends/family) wants one they can take one immediately as long as they pay for it. Comet have a lot more things to worry about than selling 5 Xbox's.

Your best bet is to go to dedicated video game stores and put down lots of pre-orders (for example do multiple GAME's if you can afford it - remember you'll get your deposit back if you don't want it), yours will come in a lot quicker than you think as pre-orders always get first priority.

Also look in places other people ignore, a friend of mine bought a 360 on Monday through his mum's Littlewoods catalogue. It arrived on Wednesday (when I tried calling Tuesday they were sold out...).

And one last thing, don't be picky. If you see a Core system, buy it. Just yesterday Gameplay had some Core's ready to ship next week, I think they're all gone now though.

Anyway, I hope that helps your plight. Us Xbox fans have got to stand strong. :p

18. carverboy6

carverboy6 What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine got one from a near by Woolworths after everyone cancelled there orders after they heard about the supposed ''callback of all consoles''

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Got mine on new years day from Game. They had a few premium systems in stock.

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Couple days before Christmas Woolworths in Newcastle had them sitting on the shelves, and Dixons has a load last week as bundles only purchases.

Tags: