1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come on Tim

Discussion in 'General' started by Jamie, 29 Jun 2002.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

2. ChriX

ChriX ^

yah very tense match, good that he won though :)

3. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

i just think tennis is so boring. :(

4. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

im with you lazy

5. :: Dugy ::

:: Dugy :: Turkey

as am i I'm afraid

6. RTT

RTT #parp

Tennis and golf are VERY boring on the TV, but trust me (especially golf) is really good when you're actually there watching it :)

7. Jaz

Jaz Banned

nah tennis is great cept on TV (hell any sport is great when youre not watching on the box). if you goto wimbledon for the day. its fun

8. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

did you lto see the serial joker @ wimbledon then, jumping on pitch with a mate doign warmups & theres a copper wetting himself with lafter just off the pitch, i though that was classic

then the joker had ther cheak to answer his phone as if he was saying, yes mum i am on the pitch
    :lol: you gotta admire that bloke simply for the hillarity value :lol:

9. DominatriXie

DominatriXie What's a Dremel?

DOWN WITH HENMAN!!!

Henman needs to get knocked out of Wimbledon ASAP. I really dislike him.

LLYETON HEWITT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily.x.x.x.x.x.x.

10. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Henman... well he's ok, don't think he's world champion as such. He simply doesn't have the power to blow other players off the court, he's got a stronger mental stance over the years and he's one of the best serve/volley's in the game, but he's a bit of a wimp!

I'm backing Rusedski, if he plays like he did a couple of days ago against Roddick (demolished would be a good word) then he stands a v good chance. He also comes over as less of an annoying twit than Tim.

I didn't rate LLYETON HEWITT (as Emily put it... wait a mo thats female... bloody heck!) as being the worlds no. 1. I reckon he'll destroy Henman on current form, but I could be wrong...

An all England final would be good, :)

Oh and I've played Tennis for many many years, sport on the box is excrutiatingly dull (especially Tennis), but its a load more fun when you're playing.

11. DominatriXie

DominatriXie What's a Dremel?

I used to fancy Lleyton Hewitt but now i dont, I just think hes an amazing tennis player. And whether you like it or not, he IS the worlds no.1 coz he can play a bloody fantastic game of tennis.

We all know Henman is going to win because its jubilee year and everyone wants him to win so they are making the umpires cheat....for example in the match he played yesterday with that shot that was quite blatently in, but was called out. And if he comes up against Lleyton Hewitt who, might i add kicked Henman's annoying ass in the queen's final, and they cheat to make Henman win - I am writing a VERY strong worded letter to whoever is in charge of the competition.

Emily.x.x.x.x.x.x.

12. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

err okay what ever you say.

some men in white coats will be coming to take you away soon but there is no need to worry.

13. JADS

Hmm Lleyton... He's good, but not in the same league as Sampras was a few years ago. I don't think he has the ability to dominate his way to the finals.

Henman and cheating? Well if you say he only wins points by cheating its a wee bit unfair, like it or not Henman had to play pretty well to get to be the No.4 seed in the world.

14. iggy

iggy Minimodder

i find it quite sad really, old ladies politely going "come on tim"

yawn

15. JADS

What I find sad is the people who sit on their arses watching it and never actually take part. Kind of defeats the point of sport really, :(

16. iggy

iggy Minimodder

weeee'lll sort of. sport isnt played for sports sake. its entertainment, and has been since before togas.
    all boils down to entertainment

17. Fish

Fish Resident Nob 'ed

Sport on TV- ARG

If its not footy its tennis or the olympics, and BOWLS and DARTS FFS - ON TV!? Then theres snooker!

I wish that the BBC wud have a seperate SPORT channel and stop disrupting The Simpsons!

And lets face it, its not like englands perticularly good at any sports internationally so why constantly fill our screens with us losing?!

18. iggy

iggy Minimodder

lol

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

have there been any streakers there yet this year? :eyebrow:

20. JADS

I emailed the beeb once to ask them to defend their decision to show 9 hours (!!) of golf on BBC2 every day. Of course if you get bored of golf their is always a nice bit of curling to watch...